Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What is your opinion on these speakers? I've listened to B&W 603s and thought they were quite good compared to Klipsch and Wharefdale. Cannot audition Krix atm but wanted to hear some opinions anyway. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Australian speakers always sound better at the same price. Transport, distribution, taxes are big part of overseas speakers price.

Saying that, the word "better" in hifi is sometimes questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Irek said:

 

Saying that, the word "better" in hifi is sometimes questionable.

Unless it is bleedin' obvious and not a fair fight, the word better used in  context, usually just means in the opinion of the owner/s or reviewer/s

Edited by rantan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Irek said:

Australian speakers always sound better at the same price. Transport, distribution, taxes are big part of overseas speakers price.

Saying that, the word "better" in hifi is sometimes questionable.

Perhaps this was more relevant years ago than now? Surely cost of manufacturing here outweighs what you have mentioned? Not to mention that bigger brands tend to output more, economies of scale etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Irek said:

Australian speakers always sound better at the same price. Transport, distribution, taxes are big part of overseas speakers price.

Saying that, the word "better" in hifi is sometimes questionable.

I disagree with “always”. I used to sell Whatmoughs among a bunch of international brands and, although the build was definitely better, they were not very competitive in terms of SQ to dollar. We put this down to - as mentioned - local labour/materials costs and economies of scale. They had their fans but struggled to sell in acceptable quantities and we dropped them after a while. Ditto with some of the Richter range, although the build of the Richter stuff that came out of China was noticeably inferior to say Polk or Klipsch for the same money

 

Krix are worth checking out but not my favourite hifi speaker at any given price point and may not be the OP’s. Very important to listen before you buy with speakers :) 

Edited by RankStranger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BrokeEnthusiast said:

What is your opinion on these speakers? I've listened to B&W 603s and thought they were quite good compared to Klipsch and Wharefdale. Cannot audition Krix atm but wanted to hear some opinions anyway. :)

Speakers are a personal choice. Unless you know that person's preference is the same as yours,  reading posts of people's opinions are not necessary a good guide.  For example, I am not fond of the B&W sound, but will that help you?

36 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

Very important to listen before you buy with speakers :) 

+ 1 in bold!  Yes, not possible in Melbourne at the moment but come end of Oct, we should be able audition (I hope?)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I disagree with “always”. I used to sell Whatmoughs among a bunch of international brands and, although the build was definitely better, they were not very competitive in terms of SQ to dollar. We put this down to - as mentioned - local labour/materials costs and economies of scale. They had their fans but struggled to sell in acceptable quantities and we dropped them after a while. Ditto with some of the Richter range, although the build of the Richter stuff that came out of China was noticeably inferior to say Polk or Klipsch for the same money

 

Krix are worth checking out but not my favourite hifi speaker at any given price point and may not be the OP’s. Very important to listen before you buy with speakers :) 

I shouldn't use "always" as I haven't heard all speakers. My apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm depends on what you want to use the speakers for.. if HT just look at the krix cinema range. plenty there to please you if budget alllows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, hopefullguy said:

hmm depends on what you want to use the speakers for.. if HT just look at the krix cinema range. plenty there to please you if budget alllows

Close to 50/50 but I am prioritizing music over HT. I figure if I like it for music it should be good enough for HT/gaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BrokeEnthusiast said:

Close to 50/50 but I am prioritizing music over HT. I figure if I like it for music it should be good enough for HT/gaming. 

I hope you are not using an AVR for music, because they do not do music as well as a dedicated 2 CH Integrated amp preamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

I hope you are not using an AVR for music, because they do not do music as well as a dedicated 2 CH Integrated amp preamp.

Yeah of course. Already have quite an old 2 ch amp. Will have to make do with an AVR or that until budget permits an upgrade.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BrokeEnthusiast said:

Yeah of course. Already have quite an old 2 ch amp. Will have to make do with an AVR or that until budget permits an upgrade.  

You will likely find that the old 2 channel amp will beat the AVR for music!  So, suggest keeping it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...