Bose QC35 any good

Hi folks

advice needed. So just purchased from sna member a burson fun headphone amp for those times my main system is annoying the Mrs ?

so I have a set of Bose QC35 that I’ve used for planes, that’s when we could travel somewhere. So how do they compare with other headphones and if I was going to get a different pair with a budget of say $300-400 used what would I be looking at to buy 

cheers 

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

Now you can put your headphones and imagine you are flying somewhere ...

Depends what do you mean by "other headphones" since Bose are more "noise cancellation" than headphones really. 

So I’m guessing if there more just noise canceling then I’m better off getting something different 

thoughts on what given budget

scuzzi- that’s a bit above my budget for the focals 

Sean 

Edited by Sean Perth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Batty said:

Pre loved HiFiMan HE-400 come in on budget.

Good cans but @Sean Perth  they are open backed. You'll have to decide whether you want closed(like your Bose) or open backed like the HiFiMan 400's. I had a pair of those  and they were ok but they drove the missus nuts because she could hear the thin little sound the leaks out of all open back cans.

They should be well below your budget. I sold mine about 4 or so years ago for $400.

Good luck with the search

10 minutes ago, Luc said:

Good cans but @Sean Perth  they are open backed. You'll have to decide whether you want closed(like your Bose) or open backed like the HiFiMan 400's. I had a pair of those  and they were ok but they drove the missus nuts because she could hear the thin little sound the leaks out of all open back cans.

They should be well below your budget. I sold mine about 4 or so years ago for $400.

Good luck with the search

That’s not too much of a problem it’s mainly for after 8.30pm and she’s usually in another room lol

Ah, well then you'll find some nice cans out there. HD 600's are a lovely thing, no idea what they're worth these days but I'd of thought they'd be within your budget and they better hifiman 400's from my XP.

Cheap and open/transparent AKG K701/702  series (lack strong bass)

Cheap with strong bass and very focused presentation Beyerdynamics DT770  (lack imaging and defined sound stage) 

Cheap with good balance between treble and bass Beyer DT880 or 990 (lack clarity and detail that can be improved with a better cable) 

Mid priced - well balanced but a bit enclosed dark and muddy Senns HD 600/650 (can benefit of a better cable) 

Expensive but very well balanced in presentation and level of detail Beyer Tesla T1 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

Cheap and open/transparent AKG K701/702  series (lack strong bass)

Cheap with strong bass and very focused presentation Beyerdynamics DT770  (lack imaging and defined sound stage) 

Cheap with good balance between treble and bass Beyer DT880 or 990 (lack clarity and detail that can be improved with a better cable) 

Mid priced - well balanced but a bit enclosed dark and muddy Senns HD 600/650 (can benefit of a better cable) 

Expensive but very well balanced in presentation and level of detail Beyer Tesla T1 

That’s a good list for me to start looking for

thanks ? 

On 16/09/2020 at 7:31 PM, Luc said:

Ah, well then you'll find some nice cans out there. HD 600's are a lovely thing, no idea what they're worth these days but I'd of thought they'd be within your budget and they better hifiman 400's from my XP.

A budget of $400ish will probably get you a pair of Sennheiser HD 700, a big leap up from the HD 6xx,  and probably taking the Burson to its limits. The HD 700 is probably the best bang for buck cans on the used market these days.

40 minutes ago, t_mike said:

A budget of $400ish will probably get you a pair of Sennheiser HD 700, a big leap up from the HD 6xx,  and probably taking the Burson to its limits. The HD 700 is probably the best bang for buck cans on the used market these days.

Hi

i got the focal elegia that were for sale yesterday ?

Edited by Sean Perth
  • Like 1

On 16/09/2020 at 7:07 PM, Sean Perth said:

Hi folks

advice needed. So just purchased from sna member a burson fun headphone amp for those times my main system is annoying the Mrs ?

so I have a set of Bose QC35 that I’ve used for planes, that’s when we could travel somewhere. So how do they compare with other headphones and if I was going to get a different pair with a budget of say $300-400 used what would I be looking at to buy 

cheers 

I have had QC15, now QC35.  I have also had various Senns - currently HD650.  AKG 701, various Ultrasones.  I prefer the QCs to the AKG 701s, but I prefer the Senns to the QCs.