blybo

Cheapest way to stream spotify to a dac

1 hour ago, lenticularis said:

There's an Aptx-HD version of the Bludento. I've got one and when using it found its sound quality and ease of use to be very good.

Yeah. I was really pleasantly surprised. Got this to see if I liked streaming (which has only led me to buy even more records) with the intention of getting a Bluesound Node or similar later if I did. Now I’m thinking I’ll just connect this to a dedicated DAC. For less than the cost of a pair of interconnects this is probably the best ‘bang for buck’ investment I’ve made...  

Edited by houdinifangs

49 minutes ago, houdinifangs said:

Yeah. I was really pleasantly surprised. Got this to see if I liked streaming (which has only led me to buy even more records) with the intention of getting a Bluesound Node or similar later if I did. Now I’m thinking I’ll just connect this to a dedicated DAC. For less than the cost of a pair of interconnects this is probably the best ‘bang for buck’ investment I’ve made...  

Agreed!

Link to the aptX-HD version here:  5.0 aptX HD HiFi Bluetooth Music Receiver with Burr Brown DAC 

The other 'bang for buck' thing I bought recently that arrived yesterday and is suitable for smallish/lightish standmount speakers, is a set of IsoAcoustics IsoPuck-Minis ($150 on eBay). I placed 4 each between my 9kg speakers and very cheap stands and the difference is amazing.

Edited by lenticularis

12 hours ago, Al.M said:

Cambridge Audio NP30 go for around $200-300 but they don’t do Tidal.

That wouldn't matter in my situation as my Moon integrated does Tidal and is a Roon endpoint. Anyway, I've discovered the Apple TV workaround which is fine for background music.

On 15/09/2020 at 11:08 AM, blybo said:

So my streaming integrated doesn't do spotify natively. How can I cheaply stream spotify to it's usb or optical inputs?

How about a used Logitech Squeezebox   Touch for about $100 to $180 depending on condition. I’m currently using one as a Roon endpoint or use it natively with the LMS.

JDH

Edited by jdh500

Why not just use an old android device with a usb c to optical audio adaptor?

How about a Amazon Echo Dot 3 (cheap seen it for $10) -> RCA out ? Can double up as a bluetooth receiver, Bluetooth sender and bluetooth speaker(good enough for background music) and alexa assistant. 

Edited by Soundfever

On 17/09/2020 at 10:39 AM, blybo said:

That wouldn't matter in my situation as my Moon integrated does Tidal and is a Roon endpoint. Anyway, I've discovered the Apple TV workaround which is fine for background music.

Haven't use Roon myself, but if the Moon is a Roon endpoint, would you able to stream spotify via Roon to the Moon Roon endpoint?