Seeking recommendations -- small form factor preamp

I'm looking for a small form factor preamp, balanced. By small form factor, I mean roughly the size of a Wyred4Sound mPRE (the preamp to be replaced) or smaller (22cm wide). It looks like the options are limited in this space. Having just built a custom rack for this kit, I don't want to change form factor. 

The Drawmer MC1.1 looks like a contender, but I'm not in a position to audition (lockdown!) and so I'm seeking opinions, suggestions and bright ideas. 

The lack of obvious contenders is what led me to open this topic and seek inspiration from others. Really, I need input, output, volume knob. Have DACs, would prefer balanced. It seems the smaller units are all single-ended. Or sketchy Chi-Fi. 

I should probably have qualified that this is for the desktop system, budget is $1500 max. 

6 minutes ago, Ray H said:

The benchmark is reputedly superb;

And that looks like a perfect solution, just a little spendy. Really nice. Otherwise, an excellent solution. Hmm. Anyone selling one off? Hah. 

Some of the Burson kit is getting there, but still seems more of a bluetooth DAC with some preamp function rather than an actual preamp. 

The W4S mPRE was actually a perfect fit and if it hadn't developed problems it'd be a keeper. 

6 minutes ago, PCOWandre said:

I know! What's next? A power amp with no ethernet?

Xackly!  xD

Andy

PS: btw the Naim NAC 12s is a good-sounding preamp with a narrow form factor (good-sounding if you tweak it) and I think Meridian also made a narrow preamp.

Edited by andyr

You could always get something from the ProAudio aisle in the supermarket: https://reverb.com/au/item/31804237-universal-audio-dcs-remote-preamp?locale=en-AU 

That would look sexy on the desk with the VU meters and a hell of a lot more flexible than a standard hifi preamp. That said, my computer setup is all based around a 16 channel digital mixer with an outboard headphone amplifier, so I'm probably not chasing the simplicity many on here would be seeking.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! In this case, a case of missed emails and communication delay has been straightened out, and the vendor of my current preamp is arranging a replacement part to be sent out, hopefully alleviating the need for replacement.

9 hours ago, recur said:

would look sexy on the desk

It would, but the flat surfaces of the desk are already all spoken for. Hence I've built everything into a giant tower of shelving next to the desk. Very nice unit, though.