WTB: ELEKIT TU-8500 Kit

Spider27

Item: ELEKIT TU-8500 Kit 
Price Range: TBC
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:

If anyone purchased the kit but decide not to build it, please PM me.   The kit form would be preferred to completed or prebuilt unit because this would be my first DIY Kit building project and would like to try completing it and feel the accomplishment at the end (hopefully successful build at the end).  Thank you very much. 

Edited by Spider27
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

I checked manufacturer's website and it shows the JPY price but there is no Buy button. I guess that I nee to contact them via email to purchase? 

https://www.elekit.co.jp/en/product/TU-8500

And, if we purchase from Japan, is the instruction in Japanese without English?

Yes instructions would be in Japanese if bought from Japan.

I highly recommend https://tubesoundaudio.com.au/collections/amp-kits

• Like 1

After doing a bit of googling, noticed that there are several different versions (3 versions that I found). Standard TU-8500, SX and DX version.

Does anyone know what the difference among those different versions?  My guess is that SX and DX use upgraded capacitors? 

9 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

After doing a bit of googling, noticed that there are several different versions (3 versions that I found). Standard TU-8500, SX and DX version.

Does anyone know what the difference among those different versions?  My guess is that SX and DX use upgraded capacitors? 

The Elekit versioning are after the numbers (Ex 8600/8600R/8600S or 8200/8200R etc).
I think there is only one version of the 8500. The SX/DX are specific to this website and are indeed about upgraded caps.

• Like 1