Houdini - funk firm

Funk Firm Houdini - I did a search and could find anything about this on here yet.

looks interesting, they seem to have a lot to say about it on a public funk firm social media page. I wonder if its one of their more niche products. 
i saw it mentioned in the Bristol hifi show page but i couldnt find the link again.

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Currently using on a SP10 mk3 with FR64S. The Houdini is between a Kiseki Silver Spot and a Sony headshell. Setup of cartridge with Analog Magik.

A very good improvement (15-20%) over an already clear , fluid and dynamic sound. I think it's a good investment.

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

It’s not a weight, it’s a foam based isolation device that claims to decouple the cart from the arm.

price is still silly for what it is though  

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

You pay for the thought.

Anyway, I'd hate to think how much all your turntables would cost in a world where there are still people that wont go vinyl because of all the ticks pops and cracks?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chill3 said:

It’s not a weight, it’s a foam based isolation device that claims to decouple the cart from the arm.

price is still silly for what it is though  

It still adds some effective mass.

I have a couple of these original so called iso device in my draw somewhere that Len Gregory sent me years ago.  RIP 

https://www.decibelhifi.com.au/the-cartridge-mans-isolator/

3 hours ago, metal beat said:

It still adds some effective mass.

I have a couple of these original so called iso device in my draw somewhere that Len Gregory sent me years ago.  RIP 

https://www.decibelhifi.com.au/the-cartridge-mans-isolator/

Remember them, the concept never sat well with me - I seem to remember "floppy" arms were trued as well

21 hours ago, Hydrology said:

I should be trying one out in a week or two. For the price, it would want to be a BIG improvement!

Sure would, they are backing their product with a good return policy i think (source FB funk firm page comments) wonder if that return policy counts in australia, or if just bought direct from funk.

Edited by Andrews_melb

• 2 months later...
On 27/11/2020 at 7:38 PM, buzzkram said:

Currently using on a SP10 mk3 with FR64S. The Houdini is between a Kiseki Silver Spot and a Sony headshell. Setup of cartridge with Analog Magik.

A very good improvement (15-20%) over an already clear , fluid and dynamic sound. I think it's a good investment.

Buzz

I agree a good investment, I fitted mine about a week ago and found immediate improvement in definition and drop in noise floor.

Today I had someone come to my home, recommended by a good friend, who not only has experience with this little gadget but also the technical equipment and experience to finally have my Purple Heart cart' set up correctly, after attaching the Houdini.

After I was even more impressed, improved detail, clarity of notes and warmth of vocals and improved bass definition. Hearing is believing.IMG_6975.thumb.jpeg.bc14f7887d0d195949fff51f18e7bf56.jpeg

• Accepted file types: pdf, jpg, gif, png, jpeg
  • Max total size: 777.01 MB

Uploaded Images

IMG_6975.jpeg

2.8 mb · Done

IMG_6974.thumb.jpeg.4503e6e7b1bb1881502541ed7d812b0a.jpeg IMG_6889.thumb.jpeg.469dd485a197cd50e16ec0ef7d536ce7.jpegIMG_6936.thumb.jpeg.6341fbf98de332b84e6d6121f90bce2e.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2021 at 12:24 PM, Guzzista said:

Buzz

I agree a good investment, I fitted mine about a week ago and found immediate improvement in definition and drop in noise floor.

Today I had someone come to my home, recommended by a good friend, who not only has experience with this little gadget but also the technical equipment and experience to finally have my Purple Heart cart' set up correctly, after attaching the Houdini.

After I was even more impressed, improved detail, clarity of notes and warmth of vocals and improved bass definition. Hearing is believing.

Gotta agree. My Houdini transformed my system when installed over Xmas/New Year. A subtle difference wouldve been worth it but I found myself going over old albums time and time again!

• Like 1