Item Condition: used - excellent condition for age
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Tura Beach
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal F&F, EFT
Reason for selling: Not being used. Downsizing and rationalising

Further information:

Does 1972 make it vintage in the hi-fi world? It must at least come close.¬†ūüôÉ

It is sounding great and looking fantastic for its age. I found it a little hard to come up with a fair price as it is not often listed and I would guess that there are not many around these days. However, I am prepared to entertain reasonable offers. Parcel Post with insurance to most of Australia will be around $50-$60 but I can confirm that before purchase with a destination postcode.

This turntable is made in France. Some info suggests it was made by Era but other info suggests it was a Sonab or joint venture factory. It definitely looks Euro-styled which is part of its attraction.

It is quite well engineered with a 3-point suspension and removable platter revealing a sub-platter which sits on a bearing assembly mounted on a floating sub-chassis.

It has an unusual arm with a fairly unique design.

The headshell slides out (a bit like an older Dual) allowing for reasonably straightforward cartridge replacement.

The auto-stop function works perfectly, stopping the motor as the needle tracks into the end groove. There is no lift off or return on this model's auto function.

I fitted an unused Audio Technica OEM cartridge from a Denon turntable which will be something like an AT3600/AT91 with a spherical stylus and a lift-up stylus guard.

I also replaced the signal cables a while back with some Monitor PC Silver HiFlex cables with basic gold-plated rca plugs which I had at the time.

The belt is good, all functions work, and the turntable is complete.

I have polished the lid and it has come up quite well with the usual polishing swirls. Still a couple of deeper marks that will require more elbow grease than I possess.

Here is a bit of technical info/specs -

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sonab_55s_55s_01.html

I will make some suitable packaging for shipping if pick-up isn't viable (I have packed and repacked a lot of turntables during my previous life in the hi-fi industry). I can organise safe shipping/delivery to the Canberra region and around the Bega Valley by negotiation. Total price including packing/shipping/delivery open to discussion.
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising¬†multiple items, you must post¬†one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LWA Staff
      Item Condition: Very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Lane Cove State: New South Wales Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Bank Transfers, PayPal, ZipPay Reason for selling: Retailer Further information:  Recently traded LINN Keosa Floorstanding Speakers in good condition. This pair is in excellent working order with some (minor) age related blemishes. The Linn Keosa is considered to be capable floor-standing loudspeaker designed to deliver pitch accurate sound and the ability to reproduce full range music. The Keosa design offers two-way, infinite baffle, high fidelity loudspeaker deploying three Linn drive units.  
      Specifications:
      Frequency response passive:¬†50Hz ‚Äď 20kHz +/- 2dB, 1m on axis
      Input impedance passive: 4 ohms nominal
      Efficiency: 90dB for 1W at 1m at 1kHz
      Minimum amplifier power: 50W into 4 ohms
      Drive units:  19mm ceramic-domed treble & 160mm woven bass/midrange
      Wiring options: Single-wiring, Bi-wiring, Bi-amplification
      Dimensions: H 825mm x W 200mm x D 275mm
      Weight: 18kgs

• By Brett 10
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal + fees, Bank Transfer, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Doesn’t fit in new cabinet. WAF issues Further information: 
      Reluctantly selling my CJ DAC, in excellent condition. 
      includes original box manual etc

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By RadianceAV
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash, EFT Paypal add 3% - Credit Card Reason for selling: Contract End Further information: Available in a box of 10. 

• By crankit
      Item Condition: NOS Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Guildford State: Western Australia Payment Method: PayPal EFT Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Very strong and very close ( +/-1 ) matched/balanced quad same year 1967
      Tested on my basic, Accurate Instruments tube tester

Price includes ship Australia wide

• By HiFi Collector Adelaide
      Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Uraidla State: South Australia Payment Method: paypal, cash eft, visa Reason for selling: recently traded Further information: 
      PS Audio BHK 250 power amplifier.
      One of the best stereo power amplifiers we have heard. In excellent condition and perfect working order. Customer has recently traded up to the BHk 300's.

"This amp is that that rare Holy Grail whose sensible price belies its astounding performance. Hand built in America, it may well be your final amplifier purchase" Hifiplus

The BHK Signature 250 and 300 power amplifiers are the culmination of one man’s half-century search for perfection in music’s reproduction. Bascom H. King has designed amplifiers for many companies, some selling in excess of $100,000, including: Constellation Audio, Marantz, Infinity, and Conrad Johnson. This is the first amplifier Bascom felt was good enough to lend his name to. It is his finest achievement in a lifetime of work.
      Available in both stereo and mono models, the BHK Signature series is unparalleled in its ability to render details formerly lost in the music. The BHK Signature is a hybrid design enjoying performance benefits from multiple design techniques including, a balanced differential vacuum tube input, balanced differential MOSFET power outputs, and separate, isolated, analog power supplies feeding each.
      When it comes to musically controlling and powering loudspeakers, the BHK Signature has no peer. The stereo Signature 250 produces 250 watts/per channel into an eight-Ohm loudspeaker, 500 watts/channel into four-Ohms, and stable into 2-Ohms; enough power to satisfy even the hungriest of loads.
      The Mono Signature 300 doubles the output current with half the impedance of the stereo model. Each Mono Signature produces 300 watts into an eight-Ohm loudspeaker, 600 watts into four-Ohms, and 1000 watts into 2-Ohms.  But more than just doubling the current, the BHK Signature 300 also doubles every internal component of the 250 into one: double tubes, double power supplies, transistors, capacitors and resistors. The results are hard to put into words. The BHK Signature 300 is a clear step above the stereo 250, on the order of 20% better, though both have the same character of sound. Both the Stereo 250 and Mono 300 are one of the best performing, musical sounding amplifiers ever made. Imagine your delight listening to either.