The Boys

I'm close to the end of season 2 and it's been consistently engaging. I thought the story would become stale quickly, but it's written well with the plot always moving in different directions and some new characters being introduced.

The best thing about it is the mix of characters. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2021 at 10:12 PM, metal beat said:

I have watched all of the Boys and its bloody hilarious -  mindless violence, black comedy, blow job and kok jokes.    The Beached whale scene was so funny I almost pissed myself.

It tool me several episodes to realise Highlander is the Kiwi actor from Banshee ( another great series)

can't wait for S3.

He playing the twins in Outrageous Fortune too. Now that’s a kiwi show that didn’t get much airtime here but was hysterical. Like a bogan kiwi (Westie) version of neighbours with the main characters being a dodgy crime family. Much better than it might appear on first looks.

Edited by BugPowderDust

9 hours ago, likwidsh0k said:

One month to go..

While waiting I was told about and checked out the animated TV series Invincible which is worth a look too.

A new season I take it? Not bad.

1 hour ago, Esoterica said:

A new season I take it? Not bad.

Yeah, June 3, 2022, way cool.

And Barry season 3 just started too, been waiting yonks for both..

Edited by likwidsh0k
typo
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 1:54 PM, Esoterica said:

I thought the story would become stale quickly, but it's written well with the plot always moving in different directions and some new characters being introduced.

Just started my journey with the boys.

Love it so far. 

• Like 1

On 14/5/2022 at 11:26 PM, Hazzzy said:

Just started my journey with the boys.

Love it so far. 

It's a pretty cool style. Just loud and proud, rude and extreme. Similar to Suicide Squad in many ways.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

The most bizarre, gruesome show on TV. I love it!

As I explained to someone the other day who'd never seen it, you've just never seen a TV show like it before.

Yes this show is hilarious. The first ten minutes of s3 ep1 is just crazy stuff. I feel they made a very conscious decision  to exploit brutal nudity a lot in this series, which makes it even cruder and funnier.

I am really reticent to recommend it to anyone though, it’s just too out there. My wife actually stopped watching as it was too much for her, lol.

Edit; there are a couple of other similarly violent/crude animated series on Amazon/Prime, Invincible and Vox Machina that are worth a watch IMO.

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 1

I love it but some times I get worried it is just about becoming a one trick pony.   Just every now and again.

As was said, nothing like it on TV.   

Antony Starr is certainly amazing.   Jensen Ackles very good this season 3.

Regards Cazzesman

On 07/05/2022 at 9:25 AM, BugPowderDust said:

He playing the twins in Outrageous Fortune too. Now that’s a kiwi show that didn’t get much airtime here but was hysterical. Like a bogan kiwi (Westie) version of neighbours with the main characters being a dodgy crime family. Much better than it might appear on first looks.

One of my fav kiwi comedy sitcoms back in the 2000's.  Then they did another spinoff called the 'Westside' which a prequel.  Equally as funny. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2022 at 11:25 AM, likwidsh0k said:

Finale last night, s3 is over, thoughts?

Kinda predictable but there were moments which caught me off guard.  Still a good watch though.  Waiting for Kripke's prequel to the Supernatural series - Winchesters next month.

• 2 weeks later...

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Watched ep 1 series 3 last night.. On the lookout for tiny people 🤣

That was just all sorts of messed up!

1 hour ago, Marc said:

That was just all sorts of messed up!

Oh I was shocked a little.. what the hell are we watching? I had to go watch golden retriever puppy videos to equalise myself out lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...