FS: Floor Standing Mistral Speakers (2) Model: BOW-A2

Item Condition: new in box
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Hervey Bay
State: Queensland
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: No longer needed

Further information:

Just imported taking delivery this week. I went with Meridian powered speakers so no longer needed. Photos are stock. Pair of speakers is new in the unopened box includes two floor standing speakers with attractive black finish.

see review

https://hometheaterreview.com/mistral-bow-a2-speaker-reviewed/#:~:text=home%20theater%20system.-,Low%20Points,your%20source%20components%20or%20electronics.

Specification:

Output Power (RMS) 180W + 180W
Product Dimension 185*390*1200 mm (1pc)
Carton Dimension 370*570*1380 mm (1pc)
Product Weight 25.8 kgs (1pc)
Carton Gross Weight 28.8 kgs (1pc)
Cabinet Wood Veneer
Crossover 4-Way
Woofer 10"
Midrange 4" x 2
Tweeter 3/4" + ribbon
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 89dB (+3)
Frequency Range (+2dB) 30Hz~40KHz
Impedance 4 ohm
Color Available                                        Black
The Bow-A2 is a visually striking speaker, clad in a very attractive real wood veneer. Because its front baffle is narrow, it appears smaller than it really is and would easily fit into any home theater system.
� The Bow-A2 offers a build quality way above its price range. It seamlessly blends five drivers into one unified voice.
� The Bow-A2 offers bass extension down into the 30Hz range that is both powerful and tuneful. Consider a subwoofer optional for music lovers.
� The Bow-A2 has a reference-level performance in its tonality, sound-staging abilities and micro-dynamics, which will make it a music lover's delight. It will also do justice in the areas of dB levels and give total clarity to a movie's dialogue in a home theater system.

Low Points
� The Bow-A2 is an easy speaker to drive. It has a very natural and relaxed overall tonality, so it will sound quite good without high-level electronics to drive it. However, it still can show up weaknesses in your source components or electronics.
� To get the best performance out of the Bow-A2s, you have to place them a little further into the room from the front wall, because the back-mounted ports need more room to function than do the front-ported speakers.

Competition and Comparison
. Both these speakers offer a high level of musical performance. However, in the areas of tonality, timbres, sound-staging, and micro-dynamics, I find the Bow-A2 to be at a much higher level of performance than either speaker. To my surprise, although the GoldenEar Triton Two has a built-in subwoofer, the Bow-A2's low-end extension was comparable, if not better, in this area. For more information on these and other floor-standing loudspeakers, please visit Home Theater Review's Floorstanding Speaker page.�

Conclusion
As I stated at the beginning of this review, based on Andrew's experience with other Napa Acoustic gear, I expected the Bow-A2 to be a remarkable speaker for what it costs. On the other hand, I was amazed at the level of refinement it had to offer. In my opinion, the Bow-A2 is nearly state-of-the-art in the areas of timbres, dynamics, sound-staging and micro-details. Yet astoundingly, it never sounds overly analytical and does not lose the emotional content of the music. The Reference 3A Grand Veena is one of my all-time favorite speakers, regardless of price. I'm not saying that the Bow-A2 is exactly at the Grand Veena's superb level of performance. However, I can honestly say that it is close enough that I have nicknamed the Bow-A2 the "baby" Grand Veena.�

I was so delighted by this speaker's beautiful, effortless musical performance that I decided to purchase the review pair and build another system around them. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive floor-standing speaker that offers beautiful looks and near-reference-level sonic performance. I strongly encourage you to audition the Bow-A2.

Photos:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Mistral Sag.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

4.jpg

• Administrators

Please do not post your ad in more than one sub-forum at a time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 943
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kingston State: ACT Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
      Single M1 speaker in excellent condition. Used lightly as a centre speaker and been boxed ever since. 

Photos:

• By Berkel
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Briar Hill State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: An " oldie but a goodie " Audio Alchemy DDE V 1.0 DAC with Tara labs digital cable.
      I've had this stored away for a number of years, but hooked it up to my system a little while ago, and was amazed at the improved sound.
      However, since purchasing another CDP this DAC is no longer required.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Spinnergeoff
      Item Condition: used, see notes Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BAULKHAM HILLS State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: reduce clutter, too many hifi bits Further information:
      The Beocenter 2800 is a prime example of the design brilliance of Jacob Jensen.
      It has AM/FM radio and turntable, plus a line level input for Tape or other - such as streaming device.
      Comes with: two Harman Kardon spealers of the D'Appolito (LCR) style, two 3" drivers and a central tweeter, wired for the DIN connections on the B&O.
      I will supply an adaptor for the DIN AUX/Tape input so you can use various other sources.
      It could do with a small to medium subwoofer to add bass to the sound, but is quite ok as is.
      Issues: the MMC20S cartridge has collapsed suspension, so a new cartridge is needed, but otherwise the turntable works.
      The OFF button sticks in off position and has to be pried out. The balance has to be adjusted to left by 1.5 or 2 points to get stereo balanced, depending on room layout.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Hydrology
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: NEDLANDS State: WA Payment Method: PayPal (buyer pays 3%fees), Cash on Pickup, Bank Deposit Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

This cable is made with the highly regarded Supra CAT8 ethernet cable:-

http://www.jenving.com/products/network-122

and terminated with the robust angled Infralan IVB-6A-S plug-

https://www.infralan.de/typo3temp/remote/3/7/a/IVB-6A-S.pdf

finished off with heat shrink and a tight braided PET Expandable sleeve.

PRICE INCLUDES EXPRESS POST SHIPPING.

Photos:

• By mageak
      Item Condition: used 9.9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: adelaide State: SA Payment Method: eft cash Reason for selling: upgrade Further information: a very well built. very dynamic fun amplifier. really fenjoyable sound. played some tracks to a friend that made them cry! 

heres a review

https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/audia-flight-three-s-integrated-amplifier

also can be used as a headphone amplifier and upgraded with a phono stage and usb dac. unit is about 1 year old

Photos:

PLEASE READ