FS: Floor Standing Mistral Speakers (2) Model: BOW-A2

Item Condition: new in box
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Hervey Bay
State: Queensland
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: No longer needed

Further information:

Just imported taking delivery this week. I went with Meridian powered speakers so no longer needed. Photos are stock. Pair of speakers is new in the unopened box includes two floor standing speakers with attractive black finish.

see review

https://hometheaterreview.com/mistral-bow-a2-speaker-reviewed/#:~:text=home%20theater%20system.-,Low%20Points,your%20source%20components%20or%20electronics.

Specification:

Output Power (RMS) 180W + 180W
Product Dimension 185*390*1200 mm (1pc)
Carton Dimension 370*570*1380 mm (1pc)
Product Weight 25.8 kgs (1pc)
Carton Gross Weight 28.8 kgs (1pc)
Cabinet Wood Veneer
Crossover 4-Way
Woofer 10"
Midrange 4" x 2
Tweeter 3/4" + ribbon
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 89dB (+3)
Frequency Range (+2dB) 30Hz~40KHz
Impedance 4 ohm
Color Available                                        Black
The Bow-A2 is a visually striking speaker, clad in a very attractive real wood veneer. Because its front baffle is narrow, it appears smaller than it really is and would easily fit into any home theater system.
� The Bow-A2 offers a build quality way above its price range. It seamlessly blends five drivers into one unified voice.
� The Bow-A2 offers bass extension down into the 30Hz range that is both powerful and tuneful. Consider a subwoofer optional for music lovers.
� The Bow-A2 has a reference-level performance in its tonality, sound-staging abilities and micro-dynamics, which will make it a music lover's delight. It will also do justice in the areas of dB levels and give total clarity to a movie's dialogue in a home theater system.

Low Points
� The Bow-A2 is an easy speaker to drive. It has a very natural and relaxed overall tonality, so it will sound quite good without high-level electronics to drive it. However, it still can show up weaknesses in your source components or electronics.
� To get the best performance out of the Bow-A2s, you have to place them a little further into the room from the front wall, because the back-mounted ports need more room to function than do the front-ported speakers.

Competition and Comparison
. Both these speakers offer a high level of musical performance. However, in the areas of tonality, timbres, sound-staging, and micro-dynamics, I find the Bow-A2 to be at a much higher level of performance than either speaker. To my surprise, although the GoldenEar Triton Two has a built-in subwoofer, the Bow-A2's low-end extension was comparable, if not better, in this area. For more information on these and other floor-standing loudspeakers, please visit Home Theater Review's Floorstanding Speaker page.�

Conclusion
As I stated at the beginning of this review, based on Andrew's experience with other Napa Acoustic gear, I expected the Bow-A2 to be a remarkable speaker for what it costs. On the other hand, I was amazed at the level of refinement it had to offer. In my opinion, the Bow-A2 is nearly state-of-the-art in the areas of timbres, dynamics, sound-staging and micro-details. Yet astoundingly, it never sounds overly analytical and does not lose the emotional content of the music. The Reference 3A Grand Veena is one of my all-time favorite speakers, regardless of price. I'm not saying that the Bow-A2 is exactly at the Grand Veena's superb level of performance. However, I can honestly say that it is close enough that I have nicknamed the Bow-A2 the "baby" Grand Veena.�

I was so delighted by this speaker's beautiful, effortless musical performance that I decided to purchase the review pair and build another system around them. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive floor-standing speaker that offers beautiful looks and near-reference-level sonic performance. I strongly encourage you to audition the Bow-A2.

Photos:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Mistral Sag.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

4.jpg

• Administrators

Please do not post your ad in more than one sub-forum at a time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Graywulf
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Lower Hutt State: New Zealand Payment Method: bank transfer, cash Reason for selling: upgraded bedroom system. Further information:
       Nice wee amp/speakers for a bedroom or small apartment/office.  This was my bedroom system, till upgrading to a (clone) NAP250 and KEF Concerto's.  Can be seen working, will add that the blue EL34's have been replaced with a pair of new JJ EL34's as they showed to be VERY low on my Avo.
       I've had no issues with either unit and have at times run the amp for several hours at a time. It's only 8 watts, but with these wee JPW's it produces enough volume for a small room.

https://toptubeamplifier.com/gemtune-x-1-class-a-tube-amplifier-with-5z4p1-6n9p1-el34-b2-review/
      http://www.nrpavs.co.nz/JPWSonata.htm

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By MAXXX
      Item Condition: VGC Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      "The Electrocompaniet EC 4.7 is a high resolution, high performance, DC coupled and fully balanced, remote controlled preamplifier. EC 4.7 has six single ended inputs, where one is fully balanced. One balanced and one single ended line output, and one fixed single ended output to be used as record. The remote controlled motorized volume is developed to not influence or degrade the sonic performance of the EC 4.7. Volume control and input sources can easily be navigated from the remote controller or via the navigators on the front panel. The navigator's window displays the selected source, and the volume position in analogy shown by a blue lit. The EC 4.7 features Electrocompaniets unique FTT technology, which is capable of deliver twice the current as conventional power supply designs. This combination with a Toroidal transformer and a reservoir of capacitance far beyond necessary will give you more than adequate control of your system. Contains only high quality discrete components."

Comes with original double box, remote and manual. No power amp at the moment, BYO  for demo.

Described as VGC only because  remote is showing signs of usage (slightly faded letters on volume buttons only).

Unit itself is in excellent condition.

Price is firm.  (Take $50 off  if picked up.)

https://tivolihifi.com.au/products/electrocompaniet-ec4-7-pre-amplifier

Reviews:
      http://www.hifi-review.com/152693-electrocompaniet-ec-4-7.html
      http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/electrocompaniet-ecc-1-cd-player-ec-47-preamp-and-aw180-monoblock-power-amplifier-tas-198/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By audiome
      Item Condition: New in box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or transfer Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
       For sale is DH Labs Silver Sonic D110 digital cable With XLR and RCA Connector. 1.5m new in box
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Head-Fi King
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
      Beautiful sounding USB cable. Just no use for it anymore. It's warranty is also something to be looking at. It is lifetime AND transferable. If it breaks, its replaced, no questions asked. Doesn't matter how many times its been traded, sold or given away, and no sales receipt needed!

LightSpeed is an open-wheel racer, those other USB cables are freight-trains. LightSpeed USB is light, flexible, and a serious over-achiever, outperforming the competition, and exceeding all future standards. In real-world listening rooms, it's easy to install and performs beautifully. You WILL hear the difference— even if you think all USB cables are the same.
      Unbelievable transfer rates Blacker backgrounds A true reference USB cable Conductors Signal: 0.51 mm silver plated 99.9997% pure copper

Power: 0.6 mm 99.9997% pure copper

Connectors USB-A: 30µ 99.9% Gold Plated A Grade Phosphor Bronze

USB-B: 30µ 99.9% Gold Plated A Grade Phosphor Bronze

Dielectric Construction Layer 1: 0.55 mm Gas Injected Polytetrafluoroethylene

Layer 2: 0.08 mm Biaxially-oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate

Layer 3: 0.32 mm Gas Injected Tetrafluoroethylene

Layer 4: 0.08 mm Biaxially-oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate

Layer 5: 0.35 mm (+/- 0.1) Polyvinyl Chloride

Final Dimensions: Square-shaped, 3.5 mm (+/- 0.1) X 5.0 mm (+/- 0.1)

Rated Bandwidth: 10.083 Gbit/s

• By edmundg
      Item Condition: New, Unused Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Caulfield State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, Cash Reason for selling: Further information:

The Linn Silver Interconnect Cable is a 1.2 metre length cable constructed from 50 strand copper conductor with a double layer braided shielding 7mm in diameter.

In any environment with electrical noise present, particularly in digital-based systems, this cable has a significant benefit. The stiffer construction formed by the heavy double-braided shielding makes the cable much more robust and essentially free of microphony.

Photos: