Hdmi problem between media centre pc and pioneer kuro

I am having a strange problem. Hopefully someone on here has had a pioneer kuro and might be able to help

I am using Kodi (libreelec) on my media pc. There is nothing wrong with that as when I plug it straight into the TV via HDMI it's fine.

When it is going through the Denon avr, I will see the very first bootup screen where is says Asus and then it goes black. 

I'm wondering if it is a handshake problem between the avr and TV.

If anyone could help it will really save me pulling out anymore hair haha 

yeh i will join up and ask tonight,

its very strange, even if i boot up kodi machine and then plug into avr, i switch the avr on and nothing, even though its coming through at 1080p

i never had this problem before. i still see the computer bootup screen, and i can access the denon gui when kodi is not plugged into the avr. i plugged it into a yamaha avr i had in storage and no problem.

however the denon is a much nicer "japanese" made machine and the yamaha is a pretty crappy "malaysian" made machine with wafer thin heat sink and only two hdmi inputs, it would have been one of the very first hd audio avr's ever made.

in saying that, both have 7.1/2 pre inputs and 7.1/2 pre outputs which is what i wanted