Reconditioning a pair of original Sonique Encore speakers.

Finally finished this project. Replaced all the Vifa bass mid drivers, two of the Dynaudio mid dome drivers and the two Dynaudio Esotec tweeters with NOS units. Matched them by frequency response sweeping all the drivers. The original lacquer finish was cracked and faded so stripped the boxes and danish oiled them. Also replaced the grills, all internal acoustic foam, repainted the bases and thoroughly cleaned the terminals.

Beautifully detailed and engaging, quite relaxed in the system (the Meridian G91 is a polite source and pre).  Extremely pleased with the result.

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Well done mate...  very detailed and clean.  If I can work up to similar finishes...  I'll be a happy boy.

I'm sure it's satisfying...  sitting back...  looking and listening, listening and looking etc. etc.

Enjoy those beauties.

53 minutes ago, frednork said:

where did u find the NOS Dynaudio drivers?

Bought the 2 D52AF's from a seller in Europe in 2017 and got 4 D260's from a seller in the US in 2018.  Just kept an eye out after buying the Encores a few years back for drivers. 

5 minutes ago, bdoig said:

Bought the 2 D52AF's from a seller in Europe in 2017 and got 4 D260's from a seller in the US in 2018.  Just kept an eye out after buying the Encores a few years back for drivers. 

ok fair enough. Would love to hear these one day. I have the Duntech princess which to some extent is the heritage of these as I understand it.