New Denon AVC-A110 Vs AVR-X8500

9 hours ago, Hilton said:

What price do you think the dealers are selling them for then?  RRP is $7199.... ????

Yep under 6 for me as well back in October.  But maybe the old stock has run out as that retailer has now adjusted the price.  I suspect now it may be mid 6’s.

Edited by Steam

• 3 months later...

So some retailers are selling the Denon AVC-X8500H for well under the $7,199 RRP. Such as $4,599 here:

https://klappav.com.au/products/avc-x8500h-13-channel-av-amplifier

Or $4,650 here:

https://www.videopro.com.au/p-11614-denon-avcx8500b-av-receiver.aspx

They must be getting ready for the updated version with HDMI 2.1

Edited by bizzibee
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steam said:

Wow.  Great deal at that price.

Yes it is. But if you want to upgrade to HDMI 2.1, it might cost you a bit. $1700 was mentioned in this thread on 1st page here:

But as Steam said, that figure should be taken with "a grain of uncertain salt".  We still don't know how much the Denon AVC-X8500HA model will cost new with the new HDMI 2.1 board already installed. Some may not even want HDMI 2.1

Edited by bizzibee

It is a  great price and would have definitely been on my shortlist to evaluate - as I don't need HDMI 2.1 - if I hadn't already purchased a Marantz SR8012 for an even better price. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kiwimeat said:

if I hadn't already purchased a Marantz SR8012 for an even better price. 

Well done getting a Marantz SR8012 for that pricing. You did very well by the sounds of it.

3 minutes ago, bizzibee said:

Well done getting a Marantz SR8012 for that pricing. You did very well by the sounds of it.

there has been a bit of discounting on both brands ... particularly on run out... so some good discounts have been available in order of 20-30% off !

I also dont beleive it is related to the A version coming or anything like that for the denon here as its a simple update the importer applies from what i understand its not actually a new model and its still some ways off ... may announcement june july before update comes :)

it is more coincidental i would think it happens around the time of yamahas AVR release including their new flagship ! :D 

Just now, bizzibee said:

Do you think it has anything to do with the pending sale of Qualifi to Sound United (Denon's Parent Company) as reported  back in February 2021. See:

https://www.stereo.net.au/news/global-av-giant-to-acquire-melbourne-based-distributor-qualifi

I'm not sure if that sale is now completed or still pending.

maybe got dumped too many or something who knows really 

in this covid tax world... its good we are still getting to avail of some discounting... lets not look gift horse in mouth :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwimeat said:

It is a  great price and would have definitely been on my shortlist to evaluate - as I don't need HDMI 2.1 - if I hadn't already purchased a Marantz SR8012 for an even better price. 

You are way ahead Aaron if the upgrade is indeed $1700 or anything like it . I would buy a hdmi switcher and just feed the audio to your 8012 - rare as hens teeth atm but will inevitably come down in price with mass production as they always do 😉

Watch this space ;  8K HDMI Splitters, 8K Switchers & 8K Converters (hdtvsupply.com)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cwt said:

You are way ahead Aaron if the upgrade is indeed $1700 or anything like it . I would buy a hdmi switcher and just feed the audio to your 8012 - rare as hens teeth atm but will inevitably come down in price with mass production as they always do 😉

Watch this space ;  8K HDMI Splitters, 8K Switchers & 8K Converters (hdtvsupply.com)

dont even need to do that cwt kiwi's 8012 has earc.... so can just feed 8k..if ever was needed straight to display and earc full bandwidth audio back to AVR...just same as would do to get audio off the TV apps :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

dont even need to do that cwt kiwi's 8012 has earc.... so can just feed 8k..if ever was needed straight to display and earc full bandwidth audio back to AVR...just same as would do to get audio off the TV apps :) 

To be fair my new Sony 75X9500H doesn't have HDMI 2.1 so chances of it being required are fairly mute.
I did make sure I got an AVR with eARC just to be certain of being able to feed full featured audio back to the AVR if I did directly connect any devices (most likely a PS5) to the TV. 

The AVR makers appear to be addressing the HDMI 2.1 debacle from their end but the what about the other ends - the input and display devices? I think this saga has a while to run. 

• Like 2