Denon Reveals 110th Anniversary Range

12 minutes ago, lucmor444 said:

Nice AV receiver but does not reach the heights of the AVP-A1HD.

yep missed opportunity... with an AVC... but no AVP... for 30 years denon every decade brought out a mighty A line with AVP processor and AVC duo... missed this 10 year...by the looks ?

I was very fortunate myself to own their last AVP (AVP-A1HD) and also for almost a decade they kept it upto date ... 

Can only wish there is an AVP again.....

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, betty boop said:

Can only wish there is an AVP again.....

Never know what might still be in the works. :)

We're now seeing all the releases filtering through that would have been unveiled at Munich this.

COVID delays have pushed releases back and not all products are even announced yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Marc said:

Never know what might still be in the works. :)

We're now seeing all the releases filtering through that would have been unveiled at Munich this.

COVID delays have pushed releases back and not all products are even announced yet.

can only hope so....the 10 year mark actually went by about 2 years ago.... so some of gave up waiting :D  the A series processor has or should i say had HUGE following worldwide. There are many past and current owners still even on this forum. What is amazing is that even to this day theres been nothing else comparable to the last gen AVP. They really dont make em like they used to ....

so yeah some of us live in hope....

I was also thinking maybe sound united might actually bring it out as a marantz.... 9 series or a classe 900 series or something but nothing of that ilk has come forth...

• Like 1

The receiver doesn’t look like it has the power and bulk of the the old AVC-A1 series. Could be proven wrong, but it doesn’t look like a truly serious effort. Which does make me think there will be a pre/power above it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray H said:

The receiver doesn’t look like it has the power and bulk of the the old AVC-A1 series. Could be proven wrong, but it doesn’t look like a truly serious effort. Which does make me think there will be a pre/power above it.

its not an A series

its an A110 not an A1 ie A1 series...

below is the last AVC-A1HD a very different animal that paired the mighty AVP as their A1 series twins :) 

imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=19730577&s=gl&

• Like 1

Yeah, that was kind of my point, they should be resurrecting something serious, which would make it much more interesting imo. The AVC-A1 /HD etc had some real grunt in the amp section, that’s never been repeated by any of their subsequent receive’s IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Yeah, that was kind of my point, they should be resurrecting something serious, which would make it much more interesting imo. The AVC-A1 /HD etc had some real grunt in the amp section, that’s never been repeated by any of their subsequent receive’s IMO.

they did the same cloning at 100 year point...with the A100 series..can google that... same thing here at 110 year point ...

9 minutes ago, betty boop said:

they did the same cloning at 100 year point...with the A100 series..can google that... same thing here at 110 year point ...

Yeah, I googled it, looks like a shiny 4308 ??

• Haha 1

Just look at the price difference in AU.  - clearly shipping from Japan to AU must be the problem 9_9

AVC-A110 AV Amplifier $5,499 / £4,999 / €5,500

PMA-A110 Integrated Amplifier $3,499 / £3,199 / €3,500

DCD-A110 SACD Player: $2,999 / £2,799 / €3,000

DL-A110 Phono Cartridge: $599 / £499 / €599

The AVC-A110 ($11,400 RRP),

PMA-A110 ($9,990 RRP),

DCD-A110 ($7,990 RRP) and

DL-A110 ($1,190 RRP)

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Just look at the price difference in AU.  - clearly shipping from Japan to AU must be the problem 9_9

AVC-A110 AV Amplifier $5,499 / £4,999 / €5,500

PMA-A110 Integrated Amplifier $3,499 / £3,199 / €3,500

DCD-A110 SACD Player: $2,999 / £2,799 / €3,000

DL-A110 Phono Cartridge: $599 / £499 / €599

The AVC-A110 ($11,400 RRP),

PMA-A110 ($9,990 RRP),

DCD-A110 ($7,990 RRP) and

DL-A110 ($1,190 RRP)

The dreaded "Australia Tax" ?

• Like 1

Geez, when I saw the article, I thought this could be interesting...….10 thousand gorillas!!!!   Being a satisfied owner of the "standard fare" PMA2500 I would've thought for that kind of coin you would get something of similar spec that they sell for the Japanese domestic market. For example maybe 120 watts carried down from their SX11. 

2 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

Really - ten grand for the integrated amplifier? And only 80 watts per channel.  (I'm waiting to be shot down for that comment)

The Michis are looking better with each new release.

Look for a 2nd hand Marantz PM 11 S3 instead... no DACs but it's a true Reference stereo amp. XLR input too.. 

In the news section of stereonet AU, there is a product announcement for a new Denon high end integrated PMA-A110, it looks interesting and the sort of component I might test or buy in the future, the article goes on to declare the AUD RRP as $9,999.

Assuming this is not an error WTF?

The same product is listed on Denon's USA website at $3,500 USD (~$4,800 AUD).

That's a 100% Australia tax.

At $4,800 AUD minus standard 20% discount I'm buying at 10k no chance.

3 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

After this comment I will stop banging on about the Michi amp's, but the new X3 and X5 are effectively cheaper here than in the U.S.A..  At least until the retailers over there start discounting the prices.

Well I've been using the P5 and S5 pairing with my Dynaudio speakers and it's been fun.

If you are looking for something that's around the price of the Denon plus a bit, you'll be very happy with the Rotel pair. 

On 08/09/2020 at 8:20 PM, Decky said:

Another example of the same magical price conversion as Marantz - $3000US -> $8000AU .  Pathetic! 

Why do we Audiophiles only get 37 cents to the US Dollar? (Shouldn't it be 72?)..Freight Charges to Yoosay or Straya from Japan should be similar and import duties into America are a bit cheaper than here but not a whole lot. (5% to 10% depending on state) So where are we getting rorted?? 

Edited by bryansamui