SOLD: FS: Cymer 6l6 Speaker & Headphone Amplifier

SOLD
Item Condition: 9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: North Curl Curl
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

A very rare piece, in that this is the only headphone amplifier made by valve amp guru Elson I've seen for sale. When it popped up for sale a little over a month ago I jumped at the chance. 

As it turned out the seller was Alan Langford of DEQX who using the amplifier in his active setup to power his tweeters, which should tell you everything you need to know about the noise floor of this particular piece i.e. dead quiet.

I purchased the amplifier to power my Abyss 1266 TC's as it the Headphone output shares the same circuit as the speaker output and in turn offers 6 watts of power. It did the brilliantly, and did equally as well powering ZMF Verite Closeds. 

The only reason I'm selling it is that I've been on a mission to embrace minimalism and the headphone output on my Topping A90 while no where near as musical does the job to the extent that I can justify owning two amplifiers. As the topping also functions as the pre for my active monitors this has to go. 

Further information: Cymar Integrated 6l6 tube headphone amplifier with both headphone and speaker outputs. 2 inputs with volume control. output tubes are Jan 6L6WGB philipsECG USA.

A link to the original ad can be found HERE:

Photos:

777348103_Cymer2.thumb.jpg.5ef580e1029c7cbc75f101c58e4606fd.jpg

1937407684_Cymer1.thumb.jpg.4532236a1b436f294d966d1e2880eb4a.jpg

• Like 4