FS: Supratek Sauvignon Preamplifier - PRICE DROPPED!

Item Condition: Perfect working condition, body with minor scratches
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Glen Waverley
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Excess gears - NLR

Further information:

A hard decision to sell my beautiful Supratek Sauvignon Preamp (Jun-2007) with remote control, the set is in perfect working conditions.  It is in beautiful chrome and piano black, which was described by Mick, a timeless classic design that will not be outdated. 

As the first hand user bought from Mike directly for US$3,500 (plus shipping of US$250). I am selling the set with NOS tubes and a US Revelation Audio Lab – Passage CryoSilver Reference Umbilical Power cable.

Perfect platform for tube rolling, replacing the stock tubes, I am including in the package:-

1.     Philips Miniwatt GZ32 (in addition to the stock Sovtek 5AR4)

2.     A matched pair of RCA 6SN7GTA (NIB only with few hours of listening) and CBS 5692 (my favourite).

Very importantly, the “user manual” for this custom built unit is included.  

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

Sauvignon 8.jpg

Sauvignon 1.jpg

Sauvignon 2.jpg

Sauvignon 3.jpg

Sauvignon 4.jpg

Sauvignon 5.jpg

Sauvignon 6.jpg

Sauvignon 7.jpg

Edited by Gordon Dou
Update the model month/year; price drop!
  • Like 6

One of the best Pre I had in my system and still is . Responds well to tube rolling .

If you want to take this Pre to another level ,it can be modified to the latest circuit. I got mine done by Mike couple of months back and its worth every cent .

I find in my system,  modification stepped up , transparency  couple of notches up 

Cheers  ,

Robert 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, field said:

One of the best Pre I had in my system and still is . Responds well to tube rolling .

If you want to take this Pre to another level ,it can be modified to the latest circuit. I got mine done by Mike couple of months back and its worth every cent .

I find in my system,  modification stepped up , transparency  couple of notches up 

Cheers  ,

Robert 

Thanks a lot Robert.  It sounds too good to be true.  Do you mind message me how much does it take for the modification.  Your message may in the end reverse my sale.

I have tried a number of NOS tubes and my favourite is the RCA 5692, the Sylvania VT-231 and the Tungsol VT-99 (with converter).  

Furthermore, if you manage to get a new umbilical power cord between the power unit and the main unit, you will find improved clarity and resolution compare to the stock cable.  

Have fun.

Edited by Gordon Dou

2 hours ago, Gordon Dou said:

Thanks a lot Robert.  It sounds too good to be true.  Do you mind message me how much does it take for the modification.  Your message may in the end reverse my sale.

I have tried a number of NOS tubes and my favourite is the RCA 5692, the Sylvania VT-231 and the Tungsol VT-99 (with converter).  

Furthermore, if you manage to get a new umbilical power cord between the power unit and the main unit, you will find improved clarity and resolution compare to the stock cable.  

Have fun.

@Gordon DouUpgrade is about $300 .

Would you be able to tell me where to source the power cord ?

Cheers 

Robert 

26 minutes ago, field said:

@Gordon DouUpgrade is about $300 .

Would you be able to tell me where to source the power cord ?

Cheers 

Robert 

Thanks Robert.  I suppose it is not US$300.  

I am using the Revelation Audio Lab, I think it is either US$199 or US$299 for 1m in length).  I am not sure if Brad is still making it but you may want to drop him an email (brad@revelationaudiolabs.com).

In terms of shipment to Mike, as I don't have the original packing, do you mind referring a good packager/shipper?

Thanks a ton!

I own the newest Chardonay from Mick.  

I can vouch that this is the best sounding pre-amp who managed to tame my ATC SCM50A .... a speaker known to eat pre-amp alive!  It made music comes alive... like when I was in NYC listening to a nice jazz...  you are there !

all the best for the sales....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gordon Dou said:

I am using the Revelation Audio Lab, I think it is either US$199 or US$299 for 1m in length).  I am not sure if Brad is still making it but you may want to drop him an email (brad@revelationaudiolabs.com).

In terms of shipment to Mike, as I don't have the original packing, do you mind referring a good packager/shipper?

Thanks a ton!

Buy a box/s from Mick. Have him send to you to ship pre back for upgrade. Your pre is several generations behind.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deanB said:

Comes with a manual! Very flash. Would like one of those myself.

Hi there, 

If you like, I can scan you a copy to your email box.  However, I understand from Mike that the manual is tailored to each batch of gears, if not individually.  My version should be the standard Sauvignon then.  Let me know if there is anything I can help.

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Gordon Dou said:

Thanks a ton!

@gordon Dou , No , It is in A$ 

I used Sendle  and find them economical and reliable . I may have the box  , I shipped the Pre , will check and get back to you .

Cheers,

Robert

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2020 at 2:00 PM, AudioGeek said:

Buy a box/s from Mick. Have him send to you to ship pre back for upgrade. Your pre is several generations behind.

Thanks for the reminder.  

Checked with Mike and it is a simple upgrade work with minimal cost.  Mike is tied-up for the next few months but he said the Sauvignon is already very good sounding.

Have reduced the price to assist those who would like to enjoy the sound and upgrade after used to the sound of the Sauvignon.

Cheers,