SOLD: FS: First Watt J2

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Morningside
State: Queensland
Payment Method: Paypal, Cach on Pickup, Bank transfer
Reason for selling: Its not being used, so I am happy if it finds a new home

Further information: 

I purchased this First Watt J2 about a year ago. I paid $3300 so price is firm.

Previous owner was a former stereo.net user, but he advertised it on gumtree. Really nice guy, very knowledgeable and fan of Nelson Pass equipment.

No scratches,  dips, etc, basically immaculate.

It gives a very clean, soft but dynamic sound (it sound contradictory I know) and it is very quiet during operation - it only gets a bit warm as typical class A amps get.

Connected to a pair of audio nirvana speakers (sort of low cost lowthers speakers) , the sound was holographic and pristine. I will also sell the speakers if anyone is interested.

I also drove a pair of Audeze LCD-3 with it with great results.

Original power cable, box and manual.

I am happy to accept Paypal if transfer is made 'as a friend', otherwise pls add 3%. Bank deposit is also OK.

Thanks.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

A superb match for speakers of reasonably high efficiency - and unusually good measurements for a First Watt design (despite them all sounding better than their measurements might suggest given the proper circumstances) - be aware that this one prefers high impedances though for delivering its maximum power. 30watts into 8ohms and 15watts into 4. If you've got esoteric horns or Zus or are coming from SET designs I guess you could care less! ? Made with the rare SemiSouth j-fets which are similar in characteristics to Sony and Yamaha's famed v-fets - and unlike Sony and Yamaha, Nelson will have parts for yours if it should ever suffer a calamity from lightning, earthquake or your significant other not taking sufficient care with her champagne. 

Edited by treuben
  • Like 1

Hi Anthony, yes, I am receiving messages but didn't get one from you...

I was at the phone with a stereo net member who is interested on the J2 too. Nice guy, spent almost 30 minutes at the phone with him. I will send my bank details to him so he can deposit the funds.

If for some reason this doesn't workout, I will contact you.

Cheers,

Juan