Buchardt Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

On 29/01/2021 at 10:00 PM, k3here said:

I received the same email. 
I am just wondering if they are shipping on 18 of March from Denmark, by shipping container I presume, when can we expect to get them here?

I've been pondering the same thing. Shame all of the stock is going to Denmark, as a small shipment of the AUS stock would make it much quicker here direct from China albeit at a much costlier price to Buchardt!

I'm assuming stock once it makes it to Denmark will go via Buchardt's usual shipping partner to end customers. That wouldn't be in a container, it would be via DHL etc so wouldn't take long to ship to us.

Must say i was pleased to read about the premium hub, will definitely have me hand up for one as soon as available and also very interested in the stands they come up with..

For everyone that has ordered the A500's, are you putting them on stands? If so what are you using?

On 02/02/2021 at 2:35 PM, wikeeboy said:

For everyone that has ordered the A500's, are you putting them on stands? If so what are you using?

I'll manufacture my own after they arrive. If I decide to keep them.

Probably a solid hardwood design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gee Emm said:

I'll manufacture my own after they arrive. If I decide to keep them.

Probably a solid hardwood design.

Looks like you could build more than one pair, Graham ! ?

@wikeeboy there isn't much he hasn't turned his hand to, buy in confidence.  :thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wikeeboy said:

@evil c Haha mate the way i change gear the speakers will be out the door before Graham even gets the tools out!!

Some of us have good taste, you can send the Buchardts to evil springs for a trial - after boredom sets in after a few weeks! ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

This might be of interest to some of you guys who are picking up the Buchardts soon: 

For the passive versions possibly?

I've added the hub with my A500's, so you really don't need anything else at all. It pretty much does everything.

• 1 month later...

I have been interested in the A700.

The current delivery for these orders is August/September.  Price for these with the hub is nearly 6,000 euros.

I am looking at using them in a new house, so given the long lead time associated with both the house and the A700's, I have ordered a pair now. Have switched preference to a black pair (initially I thought we would do white).  I want to see how they perform before we pour the concrete slab, so that power supplies can be ideally located.

Looking forward to hearing that others have had their orders delivered, and that the speakers perform as claimed by others.  Not looking forward to stories of delays.....

Benje

Edited by Benje
spelling

Hey Benje, the A500's i'm waiting on are due at the factory pretty much now. From there it shouldn't take long to ship them direct to us here in Aus so hopefully will have them by month end.

Looking forward to having a play and letting you know what they're like... if you were in Melbourne i'd bring them around for a play :)

• Like 1

Chromecast at the moment until roon certification comes through later this year.

Roon certification has changed and is much harder than it was previously. I know several other companies that have been trying to achieve this for a significant amount of time to no avail yet..

22 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Chromecast at the moment until roon certification comes through later this year.

Thanks for that. Certainly keen to hear peoples feedback on these once they start to land here.

Looking to go all-in-one for a change and these are probably top of my list for now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deblur said:

You could avoid all the expectation and delays and buy Big or Small Red Red Actives from Dr Rod. Cheaper and better I would suspect. Just My 2cents worth.

Different type of product, the Legends require DEXQ and amplification. They aren’t a one box solution.

27 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Actually the current model is a one box solution as they come with Hypex Ncore amplification built in. 

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/products-big-reds/

Looks to be good value. Simpler set up to the others with added amps and DEQX. Sorry thread derail, back to the Buchardts. 

Edited by Bell Ringer
Typo

To all who have ordered with the hub, have you noted that we will have to get power cables as they only ship with Us and EU cables. I'm OK for the speakers, but how does one go about getting an appropriate power cable for the hub? What are you guys doing here? 

15 hours ago, Bomber Rock said:

To all who have ordered with the hub, have you noted that we will have to get power cables as they only ship with Us and EU cables. 

Really? That's disappointing. Is there no legal requirement to supply suitable power cables for safety reasons? I know one can use an adapter but I never feel comfortable doing that.  

On 19/03/2021 at 7:26 PM, Bomber Rock said:

To all who have ordered with the hub, have you noted that we will have to get power cables as they only ship with Us and EU cables. I'm OK for the speakers, but how does one go about getting an appropriate power cable for the hub? What are you guys doing here? 

Do you know if ships with a wall wart?

Or do we just need a relevant power cable?

To all who may be interested, I just got back an email from Buchardt. This is what Mads said:

“You could get a travel adaptor, but otherwise I have many customers that are upgrading to the https://ifi-audio.com/products/ipower/ 

The green version 5v 2.5a with the 3.5x1.35mm plug"

Addicted to Audio stock it: https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/ifi-ipower-low-noise-power-supply?gclid=CjwKCAjwgOGCBhAlEiwA7FUXkrStAVC-UpP46hjex8VmG0k3wUv8248bxDOnyxuhIeMADoL626oqdBoCmD0QAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=surfaces&utm_content=surfaces_across_google&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google&variant=5004247203872

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bomber Rock said:

The green version 5v 2.5a with the 3.5x1.35mm plug"

I am wondering if this is for the hub. I can't see a power input for this plug on the back of the speaker itself. Only the standard ac power input. However I can't find a good resolution image of the back of the speaker.

7 hours ago, k3here said:

I am wondering if this is for the hub. I can't see a power input for this plug on the back of the speaker itself. Only the standard ac power input. However I can't find a good resolution image of the back of the speaker.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yes, this is specifically for the hub. The connection required for the speakers is a C13. However, as the can run quite hot, I am going to opt for a C15 connection, just to be extra safe.