Buchardt Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

hey bro, can I audition it too? I am very interested in getting one.

Your present Amphion spks has similar design concept with Buchardt, interesting if you will also bring along to a/b in whoizzit setup when you at his place for demo, of coz, with the consent of whoizzit  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

These babies just arrived today from Denmark, 3 days after placing order. Our first pair of "proper" bookshelves for the home.

The un-boxing experience in this case included "undressing" them out of their dust bags and getting up close with the Smoked Oak, this piece of art is simply gorgeous in person!fd97f8a4ee9bb23866f83e1bfb044282.jpg556e35f94aa834bb31e9ac8290d33486.jpgac993366541526d37da0565f51fd2286.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

looks superb!

can i ask what would you be driving them with? from what i understand they are quite power hungry, that was the reason why i still on the fence, i don't have a very powerful amplifier, only 80wpc.

i also hear that run-in time is damn long, like a good few hundreds of hours, not sure how true though.

Yes indeed, all the reviews seem to indicate that the S400 has a huge appetite and its characteristics expand further with more power.  Budchardt generally recommends 50wpc (8 ohms)  on their FAQ  https://www.buchardtaudio.com/s400-qa

I ordered 2 sets of XTZ Edge which are estimated to arrive in a couple of weeks. I shortlisted Emotiva DR3 but eventually had to accept my physical space constraint.

looks superb!

can i ask what would you be driving them with? from what i understand they are quite power hungry, that was the reason why i still on the fence, i don't have a very powerful amplifier, only 80wpc.

i also hear that run-in time is damn long, like a good few hundreds of hours, not sure how true though.

Forgot to mention that Buchardt states 100 hours run in. I think thats fairly ordinary :)

^^^^^^^^^^

really doubt 50wpc is good enough, that's most prob going to produce some sound from them only.

yes 100hrs, but i think there's reports of requiring double that, anyways, please share your thoughts after you've received the XTZ amps, it says it pulls 300w into 4ohm, i'm assuming with double it will do 300w into 8ohm. that should be plenty enough. if i'm not wrong it it what they have in the actives too.

enjoy the music!

Congrats on the new toy. Always nice to receive new toy to play with! Please review and share your thoughts of the speakers. I believe quality watts is more important than quantity watts :D

The handful of online reviews shared by popular audiophiles are pretty accurate. Of course i have had only limited ~6hours todate and already very content with what I'm experiencing. 

Check out these two videos if keen:

Fully agree with you on quality watts.  Ideally would have gone for the Emotiva DR3 if space wasn't a constraint.

Buy the active speakers lah...then no need to worry about the amplifier.  Guarantee the amplifier included will be matched and ideal.  Plus drive directly from DAC will help you save money, no need pre or power amp.

(Audio)

Nice  :) :).

Had them but had to let them go though.

Plenty bass and soundstage for its size.

These babies just arrived today from Denmark, 3 days after placing order. Our first pair of "proper" bookshelves for the home.

The un-boxing experience in this case included "undressing" them out of their dust bags and getting up close with the Smoked Oak, this piece of art is simply gorgeous in person!fd97f8a4ee9bb23866f83e1bfb044282.jpg556e35f94aa834bb31e9ac8290d33486.jpgac993366541526d37da0565f51fd2286.jpg