JVC NEW DTM update ...

Just thought I'll share my experience with updating my JVC N5 from FW3.10 to FW3.50 on Sunday.

Took around 20 minutes to update. Pretty smooth experience. No issues to report. 

I've set theatre optimiser to high. I feel there there is a noticeable improvement in HDR. The obvious difference is that HDR is brighter (my lamp is currently at 600hrs). 

And also I'm pleased to say the clicking issue I had with FW3.10 (which didn't really stop even with DI in Auto 1 or 2) seems to disappeared (atleast haven't heard it during the last 4 days).

Also minor observation - the red standby light that used to be on all the time the PJ is off is now off. When I need to power on, the remote power button turns the red standby light on and then another press powers the PJ on. 

Overall very happy with FW3.50 and the subtle but noticeable improvements to HDR particularly brightness without compromising blacks. Somehow I also feel SDR has gotten slightly better (which shouldn't be the case. Should be just a placebo there.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 11:25 PM, franin said:

What I want to know with this upcoming new theatre optimizer there talking about entering the screen code that represents the screen material but when using their auto cal feature they ask you to turn it off. So I’m assuming that there going update the calibration software as well ?

Hello. I have a Screen Innovations Slate AT 1.2 screen. I’m having a hard time determining what screen code to enter for this on the 3.5 firmware update on my JVC NX7 for Theater Optimizer function. Can someone please help me?