Bluesound Node2i

I've had the node 2i for less than a week so the jury is still out. Primarily I'm using Tidal and Amazon Ultra HD to stream. The sound quality is stellar, I'm really pleased with what I'm hearing and I'm finding loads of new artists - awesome! I'm connected via wifi. The bluos app drops out frequently. Sometimes it's out for a short period, others for hours. Another infrequent disturbance is a crackling and popping sound. It sounds like bad amplified vinyl. Bluesound hasn't responded to my email yet. 

I'm not sure if the source of the issues are the Bluesound, the wifi connection, my bluetooth phone connection or Tidal - Amazon.

Does anyone have similar experiences? 

Edited by Earworm
  • Like 1

I’ve not had any crackling/ popping sound with mine. Have you checked if it is running the latest software? BlueOS update regularly. Are you getting the crackling sound on both Amazon HD and Tidal?

I do get dropouts however my wifi signal isn’t great and something I need to address. 

Doing a Google search reveals its not an uncommon issue. The problem is Bluesound says it's a Tidal issue. Tidal says it's a WiFi thing and the WiFi says "why are people always blaming me for stuff?"

• Haha 3

• Administrator

Are you able to plug in an Ethernet cable temporarily to rule out your WiFi. There's a strong possibility this is the case.

Beyond that, TIDAL has been having major trouble for over a week now - see the other thread on that one.

I've stopped using TIDAL at the moment as it's so flaky.

• Like 1

The router is 3 floors up so that could be it. Although my TV never/almost never has WiFi issues. I'm exploring getting a 2nd router to put in my listening room. Seems you can use 2 in one house. Trying to figure out options now. Thanks.

You can set the second router as an access point, however you will need a physical connection. 

You could always upgrade to a mesh system, this will improve your wifi throughout you home.  

Edited by dolphy
  • Like 2

I have recently had dropouts on my Bluesound 2 from NAS through a wired connection. The main issue is with AIFF files dont notice it as much with WAV files.

I have updated to latest software.

So perhaps its the bluesound software which you cant really fix?

good luck

AT

I use Orbi mesh with Node 2i. When Tidal drops out it does so on my phone and on other streamers as well. So it is Tidal, not Bluesound for me. 

Tidal through Roon doesn’t work at all with a Node2i. That’s a well documented problem that they haven’t fixed. 

• 10 months later...
On 04/09/2020 at 8:24 AM, Michael Forsyth said:

I use Orbi mesh with Node 2i. When Tidal drops out it does so on my phone and on other streamers as well. So it is Tidal, not Bluesound for me. 

Tidal through Roon doesn’t work at all with a Node2i. That’s a well documented problem that they haven’t fixed. 

Yes I had many Tidal dropouts.... common problem with Tidal.

With Qobuz, loading/streaming has been perfect. No issues. 

I also use an Orbi, with a Ropieee RPI on one satellite and the Roon server on the main Orbi. 

Try Qobuz for a few weeks to see if things improve.