SOLD: FS: Musical Fidelity X-Can V3, Upgraded

Item Condition: Excellent condition. Has lived most of its life in the box.
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

I'm doing a bit of a cleanup, and have some gear that has reached the point of needing to be sold (thanks to all the sellers' items on here that have caught my fancy lately).

This MF X-Can V3 was bought over 10 years ago and had its caps and tubes upgraded prior to purchase. Details about the mods that were done to it can be found in this thread and described by user 'deadie' whom I bought it from: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/benny-pimped-my-ride.190320/ - I paid around USD$400 at the time, and I have no idea what kind of market value it'd have today.

In addition to the US power adapter, I also have UK adapter, and a UK->Australia converter, so you can use this in quite a number of countries with the additional bits.

I believe I'm asking a very fair price on these, but feel free to reset those expectations if needed. 

Photos:

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

The mods done make this an outstanding can amp at a very good price. Add the little pinkie power supply to it, and these become giant killers.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frng_
      Item Condition: 9/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Highett State: VIC Payment Method: Bank transer Or paypal Reason for selling: Not Needed Further information:
       Melody EL36S
      was just serviced By melody and tubes only have 8 hours of play on them. 
      i have the box it came in Aswell.
      pick up only due to the amp weighing 35KGS

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.
    • By crimsondelagator
      Item Condition: Excellent - fewer than 5 months old. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Lennox Head State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, bank transfer, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

The housing is scratch/chip free. Aesthetically & Functionally perfect. Will provide purchase receipt from Minidisc (Dec 2020)

Bought to listen to while nursing our newborn son at night. Turns out it's harder than I thought to relax and kick back to the Grateful Dead when there is a screaming baby beside you. I used it for less then 5 hours. Noob parent realisations... 😐

It sounds great with IEM's and  lower impedance Headphones. Awesome for tidal MQA streaming on the go.

I will also sell the Apple lightening USB Camera adapter (rrp. $65.00 ) to Iphone users ... Note: this accessory is essential if you wish to use with an iphone. If you buy both we will negotiate a discounted price on it. Preference to pm's that want this included - as I now have no use for it.

I'm also selling Campfire Polaris IEM's. The Dragonfly and them make a killer combo. See Darko's thoughts on the paring below.

https://darko.audio/2019/07/10-more-thoughts-on-the-audioquest-dragonfly-cobalt/

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By PG2019
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      Selling my Bob Carver 350 Mono Amplifier, the amplifier was custom made in 240 Volts specifically so there is no need for a step down transformer. The condition is excellent hardly used, build quality is super,and each amplifier is individually handcrafted in the USA by "Tubular" Joe Bonin. Both amplifiers are finished in a lovely crimson red colour which looks absolutely superb.  Due to inherent design of the amplifier the Power Tubes which are the KT120 have a increased lifespan and run much cooler. 

In terms of power, the amplifiers are rated at 350 into 8 and 400 into 4 more than enough power to drive the most difficult of speakers. I have all the original packaging so shipping should not be a problem. 

If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Price is Negotiable.

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Guest12345
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Freeing up cash for living room HT setup Further information:

For sale is the pride and joy of my headphone setup, the ampsandsound Kenzie headphone amp. It produces a neutral - slightly warmer sound (though nothing too outrageous) for headphone listening. I'm not really a headphone amp reviewer so I don't really know how to properly describe the sound I hear. It powers headphones up to 600 ohms. 

It's a custom built unit, and wired for our voltage (230V). The product is in mint condition, and used <50 hours. The pricing reflects this, as well as the cost required to ship it to Australia + GST. 

Link to the product page, and specification, here:
      https://ampsandsound.com/products/kenzie-headphone-amp

For futher information, reviews are here:
      https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ampsandsound-kenzie-headphone-amplifier.21001/reviews#item-review-14229

Thread on head-fi regarding the company, ampsandsound is here:
      https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ampsandsound-aka-amps-sound.802346/

Feel free to PM me to make an appointment to come by for a demo. BYO headphones!

Pickup only, but will consider shipping if payment can be made in full on your end first. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Rob McHugh
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pick Up or Direct deposit Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Heed made the very popular Canamp (there are hundreds of reviews) and this was the successful follow up. It is a great amp with very detailed retrieval while keeping a warm tone when paired with a DAC. It is often said that SS amps sound 'tubey' but this one really does. Nice review here and there are lots of others on the net.
      https://www.headphoneer.com/heed-canalot-iii-review/#:~:text=Main Conclusion,detail%2C dynamics%2C and insight.

It has great reviews, please research it. Lots to like; it is modular and sits neatly on a desk top and has two working Headphone inputs. It is a very solid and beautiful looking Class A amplifier. My photos don't do it justice.
      Very powerful and has no trouble driving any Headphone.
      This is the model without the optional DAC as I already had 2.
      I used it for about 20 hours and decided to stick with the Phonitor XE alone.

RRP $1890 at Audio Solutions.

SPECIFICATIONS\
      Canalot III
      Inputs: 1x analogue / 1x S/PDIF RCA / 1x USB
      Outputs: 2x 6.35mm headphone / 1x line out
      Frequency response (+0, -1 dB): 6 Hz – 260 kHz
      Input impedance: 10 kΩ
      Gain: 20 dB
      Input sensitivity: 320 mV
      Power: 200 mW (32 Ω) / 100 mW (120 Ω) / 20 mW (600 Ω)
      SNR: > 100 dB
      Upgrade card options: 1 DAC 1.3 / 1 USB 2.0
      Supported sampling frequencies: 44.1 / 48 / 88.1 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
      Power supply options: X-PSU 40 (standard) / Q-PSU / Obelisk PX
      Max. consumption: 17 W
      Weight: 1.2 kg
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 9.5 x 7.5 x 25 cm
      Q-PSU
      Type: Regulated power supply
      Supported devices: Canalot / Dactilus / Quasar / Questar
      Dimensions (W x H x D): 9.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm

Thanks,
      Rob

Photos:

PLEASE READ