Selby 30 day Lock Down Sale

I've noticed the past few days Selby are doing some deals -

Goes for 30 days from what I can tell

https://www.selby.com.au/deals

Yesterday was a Yamaha AVR, today is a spin cleaner and the lead in pic for tomorrow looks like the Vincent Pho Phono pre amp

No affiliation with the store other than having bought a few things and found their service and pricing good, but there looks to be some good deals thus far and I'm sure to come. I thought they were/are a forum sponsor too but cannot see them on the list?

Edited by 08Boss302
added link
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, nalnoc said:

Can confirm that Monday 31/08/20 offer is the Vincent PHO-8 pho pre amp in Black.

Great little Phono Pre Amp.

I still use mine and at the price they have it for atm its a steal.  nice.

Edited by 08Boss302
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Great little Phono Pre Amp.

I still use mine and at the price they have it for atm its a steal.  nice.

Picked one up this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive, hoping it's a nice boost for my modest analog system.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, spamnoj said:

Picked one up this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive, hoping it's a nice boost for my modest analog system.

Me too. Just ordered now. Thanks for the heads up guys!

I have a Project DS2 on layby, but for the price of the Vincent and considering the positive reviews, I had to give it a try.

I’ll probably still buy the project and do a comparo and keep the one I prefer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Me too. Just ordered now. Thanks for the heads up guys!

I have a Project DS2 on layby, but for the price of the Vincent and considering the positive reviews, I had to give it a try.

I’ll probably still buy the project and do a comparo and keep the one I prefer.

Ha!

The DS2 has been a phono stage I'm keen to know more about..be good to hear your thoughts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 08Boss302 said:

Ha!

The DS2 has been a phono stage I'm keen to know more about..be good to hear your thoughts

Not the tube box to be clear, since that one comes up often when googling DS2. I already have tube amplification so...

I guess I was seduced by the ease of changing impedance and gain etc. (not that I know much about that lol) and the silver and walnut. I had been watching it for a while at lifestyle store, because they’re selling that version for a lot less than I could find it elsewhere. Same price as the black I think. $647 or thereabouts.

Anyway, I got the opportunity to actually visit their store and see the DS2 in person and was offered the option to lay by, so I did.

Will post my thoughts on the two when I have both.

5 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Not the tube box to be clear, since that one comes up often when googling DS2. I already have tube amplification so...

I guess I was seduced by the ease of changing impedance and gain etc. (not that I know much about that lol) and the silver and walnut. I had been watching it for a while at lifestyle store, because they’re selling that version for a lot less than I could find it elsewhere. Same price as the black I think. $647 or thereabouts.

Anyway, I got the opportunity to actually visit their store and see the DS2 in person and was offered the option to lay by, so I did.

Will post my thoughts on the two when I have both.

Yep, that's the one, no tubes, lots of easy gain etc flexibility.  

Hard to find a review, I've got a few different stages but am considering selling one off (not the pho) to get the project

Will watch for your thoughts ??

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

$269 (40% off) is a steal for the Vincent!

Only 10 units, don't dilly dally guys... :D 

That is incredible value! This little beauty cannot be beaten at this price......

https://www.selby.com.au/brands/vincent/vincent-pho-8-phono-preamplifier-black-pho8b.html?utm_campaign=125726_Day 05 of 30&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dotdigital&dm_i=5E15,2P0E,QT1IH,8LUT,1

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

Yep, that's the one, no tubes, lots of easy gain etc flexibility.  

Hard to find a review, I've got a few different stages but am considering selling one off (not the pho) to get the project

Will watch for your thoughts ??

Hmm, I’ll have a look because I don’t usually buy electronics without reading some reviews. May have even read good things about it on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

I was looking at the Vincent pho’s a while back but for some reason decided to choose the Project DS2. I can’t recall why, but probably the specific Vincent pho I was looking at cost more. Mustn’t have been the 800 then, but at $269 it’s worth buying to compare if I do end up also buying the Project.

I’m looking forward to having a proper phono stage. From the day I set up my P2, my records sounded much better than cheap TTs I had before, but that’s only with a $40 behringer preamp! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lemarquis said:

$269 (40% off) is a steal for the Vincent!

Only 10 units, don't dilly dally guys... :D 

It’s now showing as ’call to order’. Must be sold out or close to it. In no small part due to SNA I reckon.

• Like 2

While it's not the quietest of phono stages, it sounds excellent for the price and definitely a steal at 40% off.

Mine tends to pick up a bit of interference if the amp and psu are too close to one another as well, but not sure if this is just something with my unit.

4 hours ago, Esoterica said:

I’m looking forward to having a proper phono stage. From the day I set up my P2, my records sounded much better than cheap TTs I had before, but that’s only with a $40 behringer preamp! 

Oh wow.....the difference with the Vincent would be mind blowing!:party

2 hours ago, chronomancer said:

While it's not the quietest of phono stages, it sounds excellent for the price and definitely a steal at 40% off.

Mine tends to pick up a bit of interference if the amp and psu are too close to one another as well, but not sure if this is just something with my unit.

Mine's quiet as.....after changing to a shielded power cable, which also improved the bass (which was already beefy).:thumb:

Edited by stevoz

45 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Mine's quiet as.....after changing to a shielded power cable, which also improved the bass (which was already beefy).:thumb:

That’s what I’m thinking and hoping!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

Oh cool. I’ll look into that, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Do you happen to have a link handy Steve?

Hi Ant. These are the same as I got. Just cheapies from China but did the trick. The article re: bass improvement I read suggested the Pangea shielded power cord but they're quite expensive so I gave these a go. They seem a good quality cable for the price.:thumb:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2-3-4m-Hi-End-Hifi-Audio-AC-Power-Cable-Power-Cord-AU-Plug-Audio-Cable-Gift/264754117109?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D228209%26meid%3Dfc7a5c8fc9fe497797ae58d70ceab075%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D264531681470%26itm%3D264754117109%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, niterida said:

Todays deal on PSB speakers is 50% off - if I didn't already have my system sorted I would be jumping on it

Is it good? Compare to Monitor Bronze series or Klipsch R820PACK51 .