Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've noticed the past few days Selby are doing some deals -

Goes for 30 days from what I can tell

https://www.selby.com.au/deals

 

 

Yesterday was a Yamaha AVR, today is a spin cleaner and the lead in pic for tomorrow looks like the Vincent Pho Phono pre amp

 

No affiliation with the store other than having bought a few things and found their service and pricing good, but there looks to be some good deals thus far and I'm sure to come. I thought they were/are a forum sponsor too but cannot see them on the list?

 

 

Edited by 08Boss302
added link
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is incredible value! This little beauty cannot be beaten at this price......   https://www.selby.com.au/brands/vincent/vincent-pho-8-phono-preamplifier-black-pho8b.html?utm_campaign=125

For what it is worth.     I missed out on the 25% off rrp on the isoacoustics gaias as that special had already been and gone.   I emailed them to ask for a discount and they came

I've noticed the past few days Selby are doing some deals - Goes for 30 days from what I can tell https://www.selby.com.au/deals     Yesterday was a Yamaha AVR, today is a spi



3 minutes ago, nalnoc said:

Can confirm that Monday 31/08/20 offer is the Vincent PHO-8 pho pre amp in Black.

Great little Phono Pre Amp.

I still use mine and at the price they have it for atm its a steal.  nice.

Edited by 08Boss302
.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Great little Phono Pre Amp.

I still use mine and at the price they have it for atm its a steal.  nice.

Picked one up this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive, hoping it's a nice boost for my modest analog system.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, spamnoj said:

Picked one up this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive, hoping it's a nice boost for my modest analog system.

Me too. Just ordered now. Thanks for the heads up guys!

 

I have a Project DS2 on layby, but for the price of the Vincent and considering the positive reviews, I had to give it a try.
 

I’ll probably still buy the project and do a comparo and keep the one I prefer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Me too. Just ordered now. Thanks for the heads up guys!

 

I have a Project DS2 on layby, but for the price of the Vincent and considering the positive reviews, I had to give it a try.
 

I’ll probably still buy the project and do a comparo and keep the one I prefer.

Ha!

The DS2 has been a phono stage I'm keen to know more about..be good to hear your thoughts

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, 08Boss302 said:

Ha!

The DS2 has been a phono stage I'm keen to know more about..be good to hear your thoughts

 

Not the tube box to be clear, since that one comes up often when googling DS2. I already have tube amplification so...
 

I guess I was seduced by the ease of changing impedance and gain etc. (not that I know much about that lol) and the silver and walnut. I had been watching it for a while at lifestyle store, because they’re selling that version for a lot less than I could find it elsewhere. Same price as the black I think. $647 or thereabouts.
 

Anyway, I got the opportunity to actually visit their store and see the DS2 in person and was offered the option to lay by, so I did.

 

Will post my thoughts on the two when I have both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Not the tube box to be clear, since that one comes up often when googling DS2. I already have tube amplification so...
 

I guess I was seduced by the ease of changing impedance and gain etc. (not that I know much about that lol) and the silver and walnut. I had been watching it for a while at lifestyle store, because they’re selling that version for a lot less than I could find it elsewhere. Same price as the black I think. $647 or thereabouts.
 

Anyway, I got the opportunity to actually visit their store and see the DS2 in person and was offered the option to lay by, so I did.

 

Will post my thoughts on the two when I have both.

Yep, that's the one, no tubes, lots of easy gain etc flexibility.  

Hard to find a review, I've got a few different stages but am considering selling one off (not the pho) to get the project

Will watch for your thoughts 👍🏻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

$269 (40% off) is a steal for the Vincent!

 

Only 10 units, don't dilly dally guys... :D 

That is incredible value! This little beauty cannot be beaten at this price......

 

https://www.selby.com.au/brands/vincent/vincent-pho-8-phono-preamplifier-black-pho8b.html?utm_campaign=125726_Day 05 of 30&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dotdigital&dm_i=5E15,2P0E,QT1IH,8LUT,1

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

Yep, that's the one, no tubes, lots of easy gain etc flexibility.  

Hard to find a review, I've got a few different stages but am considering selling one off (not the pho) to get the project

Will watch for your thoughts 👍🏻

Hmm, I’ll have a look because I don’t usually buy electronics without reading some reviews. May have even read good things about it on here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevoz said:

I was looking at the Vincent pho’s a while back but for some reason decided to choose the Project DS2. I can’t recall why, but probably the specific Vincent pho I was looking at cost more. Mustn’t have been the 800 then, but at $269 it’s worth buying to compare if I do end up also buying the Project.

 

I’m looking forward to having a proper phono stage. From the day I set up my P2, my records sounded much better than cheap TTs I had before, but that’s only with a $40 behringer preamp! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lemarquis said:

$269 (40% off) is a steal for the Vincent!

 

Only 10 units, don't dilly dally guys... :D 

It’s now showing as ’call to order’. Must be sold out or close to it. In no small part due to SNA I reckon.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

While it's not the quietest of phono stages, it sounds excellent for the price and definitely a steal at 40% off.

 

Mine tends to pick up a bit of interference if the amp and psu are too close to one another as well, but not sure if this is just something with my unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Esoterica said:

 

I’m looking forward to having a proper phono stage. From the day I set up my P2, my records sounded much better than cheap TTs I had before, but that’s only with a $40 behringer preamp! 

 

Oh wow.....the difference with the Vincent would be mind blowing!:party

 

2 hours ago, chronomancer said:

While it's not the quietest of phono stages, it sounds excellent for the price and definitely a steal at 40% off.

 

Mine tends to pick up a bit of interference if the amp and psu are too close to one another as well, but not sure if this is just something with my unit.

Mine's quiet as.....after changing to a shielded power cable, which also improved the bass (which was already beefy).:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, stevoz said:

 

Oh wow.....the difference with the Vincent would be mind blowing!:party

 

Mine's quiet as.....after changing to a shielded power cable, which also improved the bass (which was already beefy).:thumb:

That’s what I’m thinking and hoping!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevoz said:

 

Oh wow.....the difference with the Vincent would be mind blowing!:party

 

Mine's quiet as.....after changing to a shielded power cable, which also improved the bass (which was already beefy).:thumb:

Oh cool. I’ll look into that, thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Do you happen to have a link handy Steve?

Hi Ant. These are the same as I got. Just cheapies from China but did the trick. The article re: bass improvement I read suggested the Pangea shielded power cord but they're quite expensive so I gave these a go. They seem a good quality cable for the price.:thumb:

 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-2-3-4m-Hi-End-Hifi-Audio-AC-Power-Cable-Power-Cord-AU-Plug-Audio-Cable-Gift/264754117109?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D228209%26meid%3Dfc7a5c8fc9fe497797ae58d70ceab075%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D264531681470%26itm%3D264754117109%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, niterida said:

Todays deal on PSB speakers is 50% off - if I didn't already have my system sorted I would be jumping on it

 

Is it good? Compare to Monitor Bronze series or Klipsch R820PACK51 .

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I run this cable for my HT in 12awg. Bought it from Selby a few years back.

No probs at all.  Longest run is to rears at 13m, shortest to centre at 1.5m and fronts 3m

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they already have a thread but a lot of members rate this product so thought best to stand this out.

 

It is a bargain. Check out their website selby.com.au

 

Sorry if this needs to be merged.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for me, there was no sign of the Isopuck or Isopuck-Mini in the list. My Sonus Faber Concerto Homes get pointed to the Isopuck-mini and I ended up ordering those elsewhere for a good price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 3:03 PM, Sain_User said:

 

Is it good? Compare to Monitor Bronze series or Klipsch R820PACK51 .

 

 

 

I just sold a set of  PSB  and replaced with Monitor Audio Bronze front and centre.  tried on my stereo setup first. sound quality wise both  are meh compared to my other speakers such as ELAC and BW. I reckon they are just consumer level product. not audiophile

Edited by ALJL
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. but it's showing $262.5?  I have been eyeing on the price for a while. they were less than $300 before the sale. this is not 25% off. Am I missing something? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ALJL said:

I just sold a set of  PSB  and replaced with Monitor Audio Bronze front and centre.  tried on my stereo setup first. sound quality wise both  are meh compared to my other speakers such as ELAC and BW. I reckon they are just consumer level product. not audiophile

This is exactly the market at which the MA Bronze series is targeted.

They are intended to be superior quality mass market speakers and they do that thing very well indeed 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esoterica said:

25% off iso acoustics today. I'd probably buy some if I wasn't skint. Then again, wonder if they're worth it even at discounted price?

the $262.5 for gaia 3 is more like 10% off from the price before..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ALJL said:

Thanks. but it's showing $262.5?  I have been eyeing on the price for a while. they were less than $300 before the sale. this is not 25% off. Am I missing something? 

% off is calculated off RRP, not the price Selby were selling them for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ALJL said:

I just sold a set of  PSB  and replaced with Monitor Audio Bronze front and centre.  tried on my stereo setup first. sound quality wise both  are meh compared to my other speakers such as ELAC and BW. I reckon they are just consumer level product. not audiophile

 

Which one was better PSB or Monitor Bronze? :) 

And which Monitor bronze series?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronze 5 and psb image . Both are tower front with centre

 

The m audio sound better with cleaner highs and look awesome. The twin bass drivers on both are lack of punch IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...