Constant buffering on Tidal HiFi Tonight.

A status page involves admitting there's a problem and not pointing to ISP/RSP performance, external providers, phase of the moon, cosmic rays, solar flares or cables getting squished under the road during peak hour.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get your CDs and vinyl out.

I had a response from tidal.  They tried to isolate the issue with my app, etc.    I pointed them to this link.  I informed help desk that a US routing VPN fixes the issue.  Lets see w

Posted Images

I agree that outage visibility should be a basic service to Tidal customers, we have better things to do than run around check things at our end, my first instinct is what has broken in my room. 
I also think the Tidal slowness and outages need to be kept in perspective, I have more power outages, Telstra, Optus, Facebook etc also, it is part of the internet unfortunately.

Problems ongoing and no better than last night. Agree roon needs other options if Tidal won’t lift its game

2 hours ago, Mr_Gimlet said:

I've been running a playlist for the past half hour and it seems fine. Yesterday was the only time I have had issues with Tidal in several years that wasn't my fault/ ISP's fault.

I was having problems yesterday too so in the end I just gave up and switched to an internet radio station which was fine. (In case anyone is interested it was Thistle Radio which plays Celtic music via SomaFM).

I also have had Tidal for a couple of years and luckily it is generally excellent.  Mine is connected via ethernet so no wifi issues.  If it was unstable like yesterday more often I think I would give it away as unusable!

7 minutes ago, vgcr said:

I was having problems yesterday too so in the end I just gave up and switched to an internet radio station which was fine. (In case anyone is interested it was Thistle Radio which plays Celtic music via SomaFM).

I also have had Tidal for a couple of years and luckily it is generally excellent.  Mine is connected via ethernet so no wifi issues.  If it was unstable like yesterday more often I think I would give it away as unusable!

OK just tried again (Saturday 29th Aug 2020 at 3pm) and it is still bad for me in Melbourne - so back to internet radio for now.  I will email tidal support and complain as suggested in case they are not aware how widespread the issue is.

Not as bad as yesterday but problem of dropouts and mid song cut off have started again , it was all good this morning .

1 minute ago, elcamry said:

Not as bad as yesterday but problem of dropouts and mid song cut off have started again , it was all good this morning .

Me too today. 

2 minutes ago, elcamry said:

it was all good this morning

I should have been listening then instead of now  8-)

Ditto for me in Melbourne.Infuriating.

Edited by oots
spelling

For me, last time Tidal was this bad, it was a CDN (Content Delivery Network) issue with Tidal's service providers that pretty much affected many Ozzies.

Switching my VPN from OZ to USA, resolves the issue on computer, though that is not able to be done on my Roon Nucleus.

I email Tidal support (via the Tidal app on my computer) to report the issue.

The more people who report the issue in OZ, the more likely (I hope) that they are to recognise a high severity outage.

I found this Tidal outage map, no legend so I don’t know what the colours mean, but it looks like south east Australia has some sort of issue.

1DABF974-A2BD-44E5-BEC4-609618EC990C.png

I am in Perth and for the last few days I have had problems .... so I know it is not just me.

I'm still having issues too. Make sure you all drop Tidal an email at support@tidal.com and tell them you're in Oz and having issues the last couple days.

Has anybody else emailed support@tidal.com?

I recieved the most extraordinary auto-reply... which basically read as 'why don't you try telling someone who cares' and that my enquiry is 'closed' WTF!!

This looks like a company that doesnt deserve any support, so I wonder what other lossless options exist? 

Not Happy Jan 😞

1 minute ago, tripitaka said:

I recieved the most extraordinary auto-reply... which basically read as 'why don't you try telling someone who cares' and that my enquiry is 'closed' WTF!!

This looks like a company that doesnt deserve any support, so I wonder what other lossless options exist? 

Not Happy Jan 😞

Should all put on their Facebook page too.

1 minute ago, Bunno77 said:

Should all put on their Facebook page too.

I'm happy to be quoted on Facebook but don't have an account myself... I'm guessing not many on here do.

We'd be hopeless if we ever tried to launch a social media blitz on any issue 😞

1 hour ago, Duke40 said:

For me, last time Tidal was this bad, it was a CDN (Content Delivery Network) issue with Tidal's service providers that pretty much affected many Ozzies.

Switching my VPN from OZ to USA, resolves the issue on computer, though that is not able to be done on my Roon Nucleus.

I email Tidal support (via the Tidal app on my computer) to report the issue.

The more people who report the issue in OZ, the more likely (I hope) that they are to recognise a high severity outage.

Install the VPN into your router as a temp fix. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, tripitaka said:

Not Happy Jan 😞

I emailed tidal. 

No reply yet. 

I have been streaming this afternoon. no issues atm. 

But I have a VPN now if the issue starts again. 

Edited by musicbee

damn, glad I found this thread, I thought it was my home wifi, I had no idea this was a common problem

Edited by pope

I am also having TIDAL dropout issues here in Canberra.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon, I've been a happy subscriber for over 2 years and have never had streaming issues this bad.

Well I might not be able to take to social media 🙂 but I have now complained about the response to my complaint... and haven't had an auto-reply yet.

For gods sake we are the paying customers In this arrangement after all.