Constant buffering on Tidal HiFi Tonight.

I just came across this thread. I was having the same issue last week - pretty frustrating. I spent a few hours searching the web and found a suggestion which worked for myself and have not had drop outs for the whole week. It was a simple case of logging out of Tidal and logging back in again on the device being used for streaming. This also fixed it on my Bluesound Node 2i as well and on my mobile app too. I would be curious to hear if it fixes it for anyone too.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get your CDs and vinyl out.

I had a response from tidal.  They tried to isolate the issue with my app, etc.    I pointed them to this link.  I informed help desk that a US routing VPN fixes the issue.  Lets see w

Posted Images

On 02/09/2020 at 3:46 PM, DET said:

Just offering this to those streaming Tidal through a Bluesound Node 2 (or possibly other Bluesound products) -  and apologies if this has already been covered in the thread;

For me, after the 3.10.0 update issues arose with playback of Tidal, Masters and CD, on my Node 2 which were not present prior. It seemed to be signal strength issue via wireless connection - buffering dropping out playing intermittently. After looking at the fixes online via Bluesound help etc, upgrading and changing the modem/router, using a cable connection from player to modem and installing a range extender, all to no avail, I downloaded the 3.10.1 upgrade to a clean USB stick and did a manual upgrade. This appears to have resolved the playback issues and have had 2 days now of correct playback function.

This does not address possible Tidal, as source, issues and is likely only relevant to Bluesound users.

I've had an interesting (very frustrating) time with BluOS lately.

After setting up a new network, I had issues streaming Tidal via BluOS. It was probably tied with an incomplete update. This thread revealed that it may have been a Tidal issue, which I think was true.

The Tidal issue resolved and then I could not connect my Node to the network via the BluOS app on iPad for the life of me! I have always used this method and haven't had too many problems in the past. After hours of pulling my hair out, I switched to the BluOS on my Android phone and voilà, success! Blessing in disguise; I can control the Node volume with my phone and also have play/pause/ff/rw controls on the wake up screen, so I don't have to go into the BluOS app. Things I couldn't do on my iPad.

Re: the OP, I haven't had any issues streaming Tidal via this new method for the last few days. It's working beautifully. I'm on 4G broadband in rural NSW.

Edited by Esoterica
13 hours ago, Ciwi said:

It was a simple case of logging out of Tidal and logging back in again on the device being used for streaming.

This actually works huh 👍

Thanks for the suggestions  - even though everything told me its "up to date" I did a full NAD/bluOS/tidal update (ie turned the streamer amp off for a few hours.) 

Back on and the NAD streamer did an install BluOS 10.1.3 - working v well several hours (even sounding better??)

16 hours ago, musicbee said:

No issues, Melbourne. 
Been great for a few days now. 

I'm also in Melbourne and it has been perfect since late Sunday night.

Tidal has been pretty good for me using Tidal app on Android phone and BluOS. Only issues I normally have is when I run Tidal through mconnect. Free version of mconnect when running through my Oppo 205 seems to stop frequently. Shame as it's the best sounding of my set up for non MQA tracks!

I previously mentioned a "Clean content" button for Tidal. Doesn't seem to be available in Australia, shame.

FB_IMG_1598962107070.jpg

1 hour ago, greggy said:

Anyone else having buffering issues again - hope not another weekend of terrible service ahead. Not happy again.

Seems fine for me. 

Melbourne, 

9 hours ago, greggy said:

Anyone else having buffering issues again - hope not another weekend of terrible service ahead. Not happy again.

What device(s) you are using for streaming? If Bluesound I can suggest something to try.

3 hours ago, DET said:

What device(s) you are using for streaming? If Bluesound I can suggest something to try.

I'd throw the suggestion up, could be useful for Bluesound users that may also have issues in the future...

19 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

I'd throw the suggestion up, could be useful for Bluesound users that may also have issues in the future...

The firmware updates 3.10.0 and possibly the 3.10.3 may not be downloading correctly via wireless - not 'taking' as it were. Downloading the updates to a USB stick and manually upgrading the player via its USB port addressed the issue in my case. I have advised Bluesound tech support in Australia at Convoy International.

For me, after the 3.10.0 update issues arose with playback of Tidal, Masters and CD, on my Node 2 which were not present prior. It seemed to be signal strength issue via wireless connection - buffering dropping out playing intermittently - although I had good to excellent signal strength and 65-70 MBPS speeds. After looking at the fixes online via Bluesound help etc, upgrading and changing the modem/router, using a cable connection from player to modem and installing a range extender, all to no avail, I downloaded the 3.10.1 upgrade to a clean USB stick and did a manual upgrade. This appears to have resolved the playback issues and have had correct playback function since.

This of course does not address possible native Tidal issues which I first thought the above described issue was.

8 hours ago, DET said:

Apologies, the firmware update referred to for the second time, in the second para above should read 3.10.0

Just for the record, I have had no problems (Melbourne) with Tidal since late on Sunday 30th August - so two weeks tomorrow.  I also use Bluesound and my versions are:

Windows App: 3.10.0

BluOS: 3.10.3

image.png.67ddd4c252020aef3a2037f0d86440f6.png

Having said that, mine is wired in using ethernet cable to the router so wifi issues would not affect me.

With regard to the Bluesound information given above, it is my understanding that all Bluesound streaming devices should be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. Connection outward to other devices is via wifi.

I too had a tidal issue the same as those described here, back in August. It lasted a weekend or so, otherwise everything has been fine. I'm in Goulburn about an hour north of Canberra. 

I am streaming through a NAD C658 with the latest update and I am having the streaming problem with Tidal as mentioned above - did not have it prior to upgrade...........poop......

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

With regard to the Bluesound information given above, it is my understanding that all Bluesound streaming devices should be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. Connection outward to other devices is via wifi.

I too had a tidal issue the same as those described here, back in August. It lasted a weekend or so, otherwise everything has been fine. I'm in Goulburn about an hour north of Canberra. 

Ah........ interesting. When I spoke to Convoy Australia tech support they only mentioned cable connection inasmuch as trying that as an alternative, to test if that was the issue. They questioned signal strength via indicator on the BluOS app under Help/Diagnostics. In any case since the updates as described I have had perfect playback function, to date.