TIDAL Discussion Thread

Hi all,

Nuno from Innuos responded and has helped me resolve the situation. Kudos to Innuos and Nuno for the quick response. The issue was out of their control - it was linked to Tidal's addition of social sign-on (Facebook etc). The workaround involves adding your Tidal password on the squeezebox integration. As mentioned above; just that previously we didn't have to do it. It was done behind scenes.

Anyone with the same issue can contact Innuos through support sending their serial number and they'll provide the credentials they need to reconfigure Tidal. The serial number is important to the credentials!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, greggy said:

Anyone else having buffering issues again - hope not another weekend of terrible service ahead. Not happy again.

What device(s) you are using for streaming? If Bluesound I can suggest something to try.

19 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

I'd throw the suggestion up, could be useful for Bluesound users that may also have issues in the future...

The firmware updates 3.10.0 and possibly the 3.10.3 may not be downloading correctly via wireless - not 'taking' as it were. Downloading the updates to a USB stick and manually upgrading the player via its USB port addressed the issue in my case. I have advised Bluesound tech support in Australia at Convoy International.

For me, after the 3.10.0 update issues arose with playback of Tidal, Masters and CD, on my Node 2 which were not present prior. It seemed to be signal strength issue via wireless connection - buffering dropping out playing intermittently - although I had good to excellent signal strength and 65-70 MBPS speeds. After looking at the fixes online via Bluesound help etc, upgrading and changing the modem/router, using a cable connection from player to modem and installing a range extender, all to no avail, I downloaded the 3.10.1 upgrade to a clean USB stick and did a manual upgrade. This appears to have resolved the playback issues and have had correct playback function since.

This of course does not address possible native Tidal issues which I first thought the above described issue was.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DET said:

Apologies, the firmware update referred to for the second time, in the second para above should read 3.10.0

Just for the record, I have had no problems (Melbourne) with Tidal since late on Sunday 30th August - so two weeks tomorrow.  I also use Bluesound and my versions are:

Windows App: 3.10.0

BluOS: 3.10.3

image.png.67ddd4c252020aef3a2037f0d86440f6.png

Having said that, mine is wired in using ethernet cable to the router so wifi issues would not affect me.

With regard to the Bluesound information given above, it is my understanding that all Bluesound streaming devices should be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. Connection outward to other devices is via wifi.

I too had a tidal issue the same as those described here, back in August. It lasted a weekend or so, otherwise everything has been fine. I'm in Goulburn about an hour north of Canberra. 

I am streaming through a NAD C658 with the latest update and I am having the streaming problem with Tidal as mentioned above - did not have it prior to upgrade...........poop......

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

With regard to the Bluesound information given above, it is my understanding that all Bluesound streaming devices should be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable. Connection outward to other devices is via wifi.

I too had a tidal issue the same as those described here, back in August. It lasted a weekend or so, otherwise everything has been fine. I'm in Goulburn about an hour north of Canberra. 

Ah........ interesting. When I spoke to Convoy Australia tech support they only mentioned cable connection inasmuch as trying that as an alternative, to test if that was the issue. They questioned signal strength via indicator on the BluOS app under Help/Diagnostics. In any case since the updates as described I have had perfect playback function, to date.

Hi , Just been streaming Donald Fagen (The Nightfly) It's available on Tidal in both 'Masters' and the lower res Red Book quality..

The Masters version may have had  a fraction more resolution ,but was distinctly leaner , brighter and was hard  sounding , really noticible on the snare drum..The  'Hifi' lower grade version sounded much more listenable....For the record, my setup at the moment couldn't be more organic sounding really. Vintage Arcam amplification, Metrum NOS DAC and laid back Ascension Speakers...Nothing bright or forward.

Has anyone else found that the Masters Version is not always the preferred one?

Here on in, I'll be doing a quick A/B comparison when music is offered in  both formats.

Edited by bryansamui
Spelling

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, bryansamui said:

I almost always prefer the non mqa version. 
My subjective feeling about mqa is that it is usually “nicer” but in a way that ultimately sounds less real. It’s like the leading edges of notes have been somehow softened 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bryansamui said:

Hi , Just been streaming Donald Fagen (The Nightfly) It's available on Tidal in both 'Masters' and the lower res Red Book quality..

The Masters version may have had  a fraction more resolution ,but was distinctly leaner , brighter and was hard  sounding , really noticible on the snare drum..The  'Hifi' lower grade version sounded much more listenable....For the record, my setup at the moment couldn't be more organic sounding really. Vintage Arcam amplification, Metrum NOS DAC and laid back Ascension Speakers...Nothing bright or forward.

Here on in, I'll be doing a quick A/B comparison when music is offered in  both formats.

Try a different album. The MQA may be more truthful to the original as it was a digital recording.

But I do believe that MQA isn’t the be-all and end-all.

I really, really don't like the Master version of (Paul Simon's) Graceland. Puts my teeth on edge.

MQA was/is designed to recreate the original recording. And that is not always going to be to a listeners taste. Perhaps Mr Simon wanted me traumatised by the Boy in the Bubble.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 9:24 PM, Pigpen said:

I am streaming through a NAD C658 with the latest update and I am having the streaming problem with Tidal as mentioned above - did not have it prior to upgrade...........poop......

Factory reset - problem gone, streaming nil issues!!

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, Mr_Gimlet said:

I really, really don't like the Master version of (Paul Simon's) Graceland. Puts my teeth on edge.

MQA was/is designed to recreate the original recording. And that is not always going to be to a listeners taste. Perhaps Mr Simon wanted me traumatised by the Boy in the Bubble.

Did the MQA folk time travel back to the studio where Graceland was recorded?