TIDAL Discussion Thread

Seems tidal MQA is working better than ever tonight via Roon. All those steps like emptying the cache etc must be useful things to do every now and then. 

Well, after logging a ticket days ago, I got a response from Tidal. To say I’m underwhelmed is an understatement.

They totally ignored all of the diagnosis and troubleshooting explained in the original ticket, ignored the link to this thread and ignored the fact that it was stable over a VPN.

“Can you turn it off and on again?”

B83DCAC4-D87C-4229-A455-19923E6F8D2C.jpeg

34 minutes ago, recur said:

Well, after logging a ticket days ago, I got a response from Tidal. To say I’m underwhelmed is an understatement.

They totally ignored all of the diagnosis and troubleshooting explained in the original ticket, ignored the link to this thread and ignored the fact that it was stable over a VPN.

That’s disappointing. I had a similar issue with ps audio a few months ago. Seems easier to ignore sometimes in the hope things ‘go away’. 

55 minutes ago, recur said:

I did similar to your efforts;

troubleshooting 

link to this thread

explained stable over VPN to the USA

mentioned last time it was this bad for everyone in OZ it was CDN issues.

i got exactly the same response from same person at Tidal, word for word, appears to be a copy and pasted boilerplate response.

This type of response from Tidal is very disappointing.

6 minutes ago, Duke40 said:

I did similar to your efforts;

troubleshooting 

link to this thread

explained stable over VPN to the USA

mentioned last time it was this bad for everyone in OZ it was CDN issues.

i got exactly the same response from same person at Tidal, word for word, appears to be a copy and pasted boilerplate response.

This type of response from Tidal is very disappointing.

To be expected. 
Non technical scripted responses. 

1 hour ago, recur said:

I got similar on contacting them on separate issue related to billing. hopeless customer service. 

as per the article below its also interesting to see how little give back to the artist say compared to Qobuz 

https://www.soundguys.com/tidal-hifi-review-25846/

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 9.02.30 am.png

2 minutes ago, betty boop said:

as per the article below its also interesting to see how little give back to the artist say compared to Qobuz

It goes the other way as well though - look how much more they give than Spotify.

I like the French dedication to excellence of Qobuz, but their catalogue is pretty average compared to the others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Gimlet said:

It goes the other way as well though - look how much more they give than Spotify.

I like the French dedication to excellence of Qobuz, but their catalogue is pretty average compared to the others.

and apple music that seems like spotify...perhaps its a volume thing ? anyways as the article says best way to support artists is go to shows and buy their stuff ! :D we dont really know i suppose otherwise where moneys going and to whom ! 

I assumed artists and/or record companies would have to agree to even have their stuff on streaming services, and perhaps they do even though their take is such an infinitesimal amount. It just seems odd if they have no say in the matter. If it’s a case of ‘streaming service x’s’ policy is “x amount per stream, take it or leave it”, that’s rough.

Yeah, I've been having problems the past week or so. Frustrating as I've gigabit NBN (shows between 600 and 850mbps most of the time) and a Wi-Fi 6 mesh (2x Xiaomi AX3600 & 1x AX1800) so it really rules out any network issues. I may need to look at NordVPN on my Roon server..... Qobuz might be a nice alternative. It's great when it works, but music starting, then skipping to the next track is royally giving me the sh*ts. Especially after forking out for a Room lifetime subscription.  :(

Edited by MattyW

3 hours ago, betty boop said:

and apple music that seems like spotify...perhaps its a volume thing ? anyways as the article says best way to support artists is go to shows and buy their stuff ! :D we dont really know i suppose otherwise where moneys going and to whom ! 

I'd think so, the highest volume streamers can pay less per playback but I bet most artists still make way more income per month from Spotify or Apple music than they do from the bit players like Tidal and Qobuz

• Like 1

I think I solved it in my system..... I set the devices to 16 bit 48k.....  Seeing as my DAC's only support 16 bit 44khz, 14 bit 44khz and 192k in the bedroom system the change is inaudible in my two main systems.

At least I think that's fixed it. 

12 minutes ago, MattyW said:

I think I solved it in my system..... I set the devices to 16 bit 48k.....  Seeing as my DAC's only support 16 bit 44khz, 14 bit 44khz and 192k in the bedroom system the change is inaudible in my two main systems.

At least I think that's fixed it. 

That’s a completely different issue to the tidal bandwidth issue we are discussing. 

9 minutes ago, musicbee said:

That’s a completely different issue to the tidal bandwidth issue we are discussing. 

It was originally mostly Tidal playing up.... Then files on the NAS started acting up..... So yeah, probably a different issue though I initially thought it was the same 

So got an email to rate Tidal tech support,  now I’m a coffee machine technician and I’ll answer a call from a client the way Tidal answered mine.

Hello thanks for your call,

Could you please lock up the shop and then re-enter and if you still have problems with your coffee machine feel free to contact us again.

Now in the original email they told me the problem, showed me the problem so you would think I’d know I need to call and arrange to fix it, But not Tidal. According to them it’s somehow everyone else’s problem. 

So they asked for my feedback and they certainly got it. 

Edited by keitha
  • Like 5

Just offering this to those streaming Tidal through a Bluesound Node 2 (or possibly other Bluesound products) -  and apologies if this has already been covered in the thread;

For me, after the 3.10.0 update issues arose with playback of Tidal, Masters and CD, on my Node 2 which were not present prior. It seemed to be signal strength issue via wireless connection - buffering dropping out playing intermittently. After looking at the fixes online via Bluesound help etc, upgrading and changing the modem/router, using a cable connection from player to modem and installing a range extender, all to no avail, I downloaded the 3.10.1 upgrade to a clean USB stick and did a manual upgrade. This appears to have resolved the playback issues and have had 2 days now of correct playback function.

This does not address possible Tidal, as source, issues and is likely only relevant to Bluesound users.

• Like 1