TIDAL Discussion Thread

complaining via email did not get me far!  

see below - I had to laugh at "As always happy listening!"

-- Please do not reply to this automated message --

Thanks for contacting TIDAL Support.

To receive assistance on your inquiry, please visit our TIDAL Support web at support.tidal.com for answers to frequently asked questions and troubleshooting steps.

If you still need further help, there you can also self-service via our chatbot in the bottom right-hand corner and submit a request.

This ticket will be closed and you will not receive further updates here.

As always happy listening!

TIDAL Support

-- Please do not reply to this automated message --

Edited by vgcr

Was crap yesterday,  good for a while this morning and then crap again .. getting really annoyed ..  II attached to various wireless points and eventually rebooted most of my network this morning which improved things for a short time ....  maybe coincidence reading this ..

This statement ???  'I'd imagine the vast majority would be using Tidal through another app since Tidal itself doesn't integrate properly with renderers'

I am using the the Tidal app off a high end Laptop onto a Accuphase DC37 using the native Accuphase USB driver with a high end audio USB cable  ...  sound quality I find is very good ... what am I missing, is this lower quality  ???

Will install my VPN (on other devices) and point it to the USA tomorrow and see how it goes ... 

4 minutes ago, Rosco8 said:

Was crap yesterday,  good for a while this morning and then crap again .. getting really annoyed ..  II attached to various wireless points and eventually rebooted most of my network this morning which improved things for a short time ....  maybe coincidence reading this ..

This statement ???  'I'd imagine the vast majority would be using Tidal through another app since Tidal itself doesn't integrate properly with renderers'

I am using the the Tidal app off a high end Laptop onto a Accuphase DC37 using the native Accuphase USB driver with a high end audio USB cable  ...  sound quality I find is very good ... what am I missing, is this lower quality  ???

Will install my VPN (on other devices) and point it to the USA tomorrow and see how it goes ... 

Nope. Just ensure you have exclusive mode selected. 

Edited by musicbee
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rosco8 said:

Hey Rosco,

With ur setup you aren't troubled by renderers at all ?

It's those of us running our systems from phones or notepads that have the additional challenge with Tidal.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Two years of faultless streaming Tidal; a week ago I installed  a NUC and Roon Rock and now everything falls apart! The last two days have been continual drop outs streaming via  Roon and also if I use only Lightning DS. I was beginning to think I had system issues but it appears maybe not. Glad I noticed this thread!

Hope it gets sorted soon.

• Like 1

Mine was doing this last night. I thought it was Roon, but it buffered through the Tidal app as well. Spotify played the same playlist fine. 

It happens maybe once every month or two I would say. Assume it is the Tidal servers. 

• Like 1

Yeah more of the same to report here. I’ve got heaps of bandwidth (2x NBN links) and Tidal kept cropping out on Roon.

tracks would start then skip after a few seconds.

I haven’t done any serious analysis but I am curious as to the root cause. I might run tcpdump on my roon server next time it happens and see whats going on.

this is when having many terabytes of my own music comes back into its own.

• Like 2

My Tidal is doing 10 seconds of play then 2 minutes of buffering!!@! reloaded the ap. no different. All my other streaming- Netflix etc is fine. 46MB speed. Doing it since yesterday.  Anyone know if it's related to the big storms in Texas?

Edited by MusicForever

51 minutes ago, stearem said:

I've been also having issues since Friday. I have messaged them, no response as yet. 

Tidal issues all weekend here as well. Roon is saying the feed is slow. 

4 hours ago, recur said:

this is when having many terabytes of my own music comes back into its own.

I had a 25 hour NBN outage the other month. I was very happy that I didn't need to rely on streaming to keep myself entertained. 

1 hour ago, Hydrology said:

but I will say that Tidal does from time to time drop out every few weeks or so, unlike Qobuz, which has been rock-solid since signing up.

Can anyone offer an opinion on Qobuz vs Tidal?

I switched fron spotify to tidal for lossless playback, but if u cant play their music then its kind of pointless!

1 minute ago, tripitaka said:

I switched fron spotify to tidal for lossless playback, but if u cant play their music then its kind of pointless!

Lets put it this way, I wont be renewing my Tidal subscription at home. And that has nothing to do with "issues". Thats merely from a sonic perspective.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tripitaka said:

Qobuz and Tidal had the same SQ in my system when I had Qobuz for the trial period, both played via Roon.

16 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Lets put it this way, I wont be renewing my Tidal subscription at home. And that has nothing to do with "issues". Thats merely from a sonic perspective.

I find the sonic perspective of Tidal excellent, it equals my local redbook playback.