SOLD: FS: AudioSpace CDP-8HT Vacum Tube 24 Bit/ HDCD CD Player

Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pick up.
Reason for selling: NLR need funz

Further information:

I jumped the gun a bit buying this from Mendes the other day, as I've committed to way too many things for my health! :ermm:

This is a very highly regarded Tube CD player, and Mendes has agreed to me re-advertising it and he is willing to have it collected in Perth or shipped at agreed cost.

• Local Perth pick up or posted at agreed cost..
  • Price is firm.
  • Purchased back in January from @rantan and selling at same price hoping someone else can enjoy this great player.
  • A good way to get some tube goodness into your sound.
  • Can also be used as a CD Transport to good effect.
  • Comes with remote not pictured.
  • Please PM with any questions.

Photos: 1653693361_cdp.AudioSpacefront.jpg.5d24e9eb48b712974f30fa48c8533dfc.jpg1337672828_AudioSpaceback.jpg.ec018dfa7ee3a8e207d4d40b3dcc7af1.jpg

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
Edited by evil c
40 minutes ago, christosd said:

Ive heard this at @Grizzly 's once and it sounded  really good.

Yes I had heard good things regarding it, however with two other CD players my greed got the better of me! 😄

With the tubes in the mix, should bring some nice warmth to the system! 

Happy to audition to Perth peeps to assist the sale.

It really is a very good player, I purchased it when I was having mods done to my DAC which stopped me having music as I use seperate CD Transport and DAC, now not required.

🙏👍

Edited by Mendes
Spellling

15 minutes ago, Mightygrey said:

Question - is the tube stage bypassed when the digital-out is used (i.e. does it become a pure transport)?

I used it as a Transport for a while using digital out and it sounded very very good, so I think the answer is yes, but I am no tech.

Pic for your reference if it helps answer your question....I hope it’s ok to answer in your post @evil c 🙏

070958AA-BDA2-4DD8-923B-AD9D9E9706DA.jpeg

Now sold pending payment. 😊

As the original owner, I can say with confidence that whomever has purchased this player will be one happy camper.

1 hour ago, Mightygrey said:

Question - is the tube stage bypassed when the digital-out is used (i.e. does it become a pure transport)?

Yes.

Tubes in CD players are only used in final audio amp stages for their sonic properties.

Digital outputs are taken from the stream before they even enter DAC.

"24-bit CD player", does that mean the player outputs the decoded CD signal with a few bits of padding per sample? As HDCD is ~20 bits within a 16-bit PCM container