SOLD: Davone Solo Loudspeakers pair

SOLD
Item Condition: excellent to mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Uraidla
State: South Australia
Payment Method: paypla, cash eft, visa
Reason for selling: no longer required

Further information: For sale is this one mint pair of the very beautiful Davone Solo Loudspeakers. The Australian RRP on this loudspeaker is usually $13495.

These Loudspeakers not only look incredible, but they sound superb and are beautifully engineered and handmade in Denmark.

The Davone Solo loudspeaker takes a novel approach on designing a large high end floor standing loudspeaker. Where most settle for cubism, the Solo combines optimal driver placement and clever internal acoustics with an elegant design. Inspired by the Verner Panton 1-2-3 chair which according to Panton was meant to “grow up out of the floor”, the Solo delivers a sonic picture that is open, detailed controlled and addictive. If we had to choose, the Solo would be our favorite. Simply because it masters design for sound. The Solo is handbuild in Denmark.

Please feel free to call us or PM for more details.

Specifications:

Frequency response
30 – 22.000 Hz

Impedance
4 ohm, 2.5 ohm minimum at 450Hz @ 0 degrees

Sensitivity
89 dB/2,83V/m

Max power
150W (IEC 268-5)

Woofer
8” , Geometrically reinforced aluminum cone, soft low damping rubber surround, rigid die cast alu chassis with extensive venting

Mid
4″, Ceramic coated aluminium membrane, soft low damping rubber surround, optimized low distortion motor system

Tweeter
1″, Anodised aluminium dome, flow optimized vented pole piece with non-reflective chamber, saturation controlled motor system

Cross over
200 Hz, 2.2kHz, 24dB/Oct Linkwitz Riley

System
Bass reflex/ Closed

Cabinet
10 layer beech wood form pressed veneer with multiple internal stiffeners.

Weight
30kg / piece

Current version
HR

art-retro-mid-century-modern-beautiful-danish-design-floorstanding-high-end-speakers-davone-solo.jpg

IMG_20200826_080745.jpg

sololivingzoom.jpg

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Holy moly! That's a conversation starter. 

u can say that again. 

they would suit a beautifully modern or vintage home too - maybe not so for the inbetweener like the one I'm living in lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, demoiree said:

Wow ... How beautiful are these , wife probably won't complain too see these in the living room

Oh man

Even If can set up this speakers @ outdoor like picture on top. I'm sure wife very happy doing yoga outdoor very day????

Edited by Zodiac-12

Guest palexsia
3 hours ago, Wilco said:

u can say that again. 

they would suit a beautifully modern or vintage home too - maybe not so for the inbetweener like the one I'm living in lol

More suit for home with Scandinavia furnitures . Beautiful look 

I've heard exactly the same ones in the shop and the sound quality at the RRP is second to none.

At this price they shouldn't last the evening.

Sound is revealing, natural, pristine and decibel perfect. Instruments and voicing just leave you in awe. Vocals are stunningly real; strings and piano are absolutely delightful. Bass is clean, full and textured.

And they don't look too bad either. 

If I was looking around for speakers, I'd find a way to get these.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, DanFi said:

With a 2.5ohm min at 450hz would you say they need a bit of power on hand to remain flat?

They do respond to power but i was running them with  primaLuna EVO 400 for a while and they sounded superb...

21 hours ago, gemini07 said:

I've heard exactly the same ones in the shop and the sound quality at the RRP is second to none.

At this price they shouldn't last the evening.

Sound is revealing, natural, pristine and decibel perfect. Instruments and voicing just leave you in awe. Vocals are stunningly real; strings and piano are absolutely delightful. Bass is clean, full and textured.

And they don't look too bad either. 

If I was looking around for speakers, I'd find a way to get these.

How did they compare to your M3s?

3 hours ago, sfdoddsy said:

How did they compare to your M3s?

There's an immense difference. The Davones are much more precise, articulate, natural, revealing and 'clean'.  The Spatial Holograms, being open baffle, have a massive sound stage, great presence, big bass and great scale. At 94 dB sensitivity and 4 Ohms, they are easy to drive but need a detailed, articulate amp, otherwise the sound can become a bit lost. Instrument separation in the Davones seems excellent, although I didn't actually 'test' them as such.

If I just wanted something for stereo, I'd look very hard at the Davones. The Spatials also serve as my HT speakers, but I don't know how the Davones would go in this context.

Obviously the room, electronics and source material varied considerably.

• Like 1