Just watched Tenet at cinema.

The demonstration about time travel has never been seen.

I think most of people need to watch 2 or 3 times to understand the plot.

It is the LOUDEST Nolan movie ever...another reference material for subwoofer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zac_808 said:

Just watched Tenet at cinema.

The demonstration about time travel has never been seen.

I think most of people need to watch 2 or 3 times to understand the plot.

It is the LOUDEST Nolan movie ever...another reference material for subwoofer.

Oh—so it's complicated and loud. I'd have preferred exciting, engaging, thrilling, masterful, etc.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

2 hours ago, lucmor444 said:

I found the dialogue muffled/unclear/muted in many parts, making it hard to follow the story line.  Otherwise I enjoyed it despite a number of plot holes.

Sounds like you got the DVD from Bali ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lucmor444 said:

LOL - that would have been excusable but it was unfortunately at a Hoyts Extremescreen session.

The muffled dialogue issue is reported  in almost all cinema around the world.

But the dialogue on UHD is fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, TP1 said:

I'm not a fan of frequent changes in aspect ratio  throughout the movie.   I know they have their reasons but I find it tedious and unnecessarily distracting.

Agreed. I zoom movies out on my scope screen to make the most of the width available to me and then have images projected to parts of the wall I've made a concerted effort to avoid reflections with... I think Nolan is the 1 who seems to do this mostly.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2021 at 9:45 AM, blybo said:

Agreed. I zoom movies out on my scope screen to make the most of the width available to me and then have images projected to parts of the wall I've made a concerted effort to avoid reflections with... I think Nolan is the 1 who seems to do this mostly.

I ended up zooming to 2.2:1  ( the widest ratio used in the film) and engaged the PJ blanking to eliminate anything outside the frame. This solved the problem nicely and  I think the 1.85:1 scenes now looked even better.  

Interestingly, in the USA movie goers had a choice of watching an all cinemascope version  or the version with the changing aspect ratios.  I can only conclude that Imax may have helped fund the project   for the movie to suit  their screens  because I cant think of any other reason it would be done that way.

Given Nolan has been shooting imax since The Dark Knight, it’s not surprising that there are aspect ratio changes on particular scenes.

I’ve yet to watch Tenet but will in the coming evenings. I hope I can last the duration. Movies don’t need to be this long.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I found it confusing, I don't mind movies like the Matrix that leave you asking questions you can't answer leaving it open, but in the case of Tenet it was more questions about things that didn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest niterida
On 14/01/2021 at 9:45 AM, blybo said:

Off topic but I thought I was the only one who did this - glad to see I am not alone :) 

On topic - I refuse to watch any thing related to time travel as it is just not plausible and doesn't matter how they tackle it, it never works for me.

• 2 months later...

Watched it, confused and lost as hell.  I need to watch it again. Same experience with Inception, I did not get it at first but it became one of my favourite movie after watching a couple of times.

I finally got around to watching this on Bluray the last weekend [It's been sitting around the house for months]

It reminded me of the TV series Counterpart from 2017 starring J.K.Simmons, so having previously watched that, the plot of TENET wasn't that confusing to me, until the end battle scene, then it just became a bit of a mess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterpart_(TV_series)

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10 bananas...{Tomato scores are so passe ]