Funk: Currently spinning

2Brix

10 hours ago, Demondes said:

Skin tight - Ohio Players

heres a live version of “Jive Turkey”  from the tv Soul Train

I knew for sure my wife was the one for me when we walked down the aisle to "Heaven is a Place Like This." She loves this song by the Ohio Brothers!?The album cover is the sexiest in music history. The definition of less is more. After this they just went off, although I did develop an overwhelming taste for honey.

Edited by djmt
Honey
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ian McP said:

Yeah their album covers remind me of that scene from Spinal Tap where Nigel doesn't understand the difference between Sexy and Sexist.

They got in some trouble with the album Honey for the cover and inside art.  There were all sorts of rumors created around that

https://pure-music.co.uk/the-ohio-players-get-sticky-with-a-little-bit-o-honey/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Cymande - Dove 1972

sounding somewhat remaniscent of John Coltrane's A Love Supreme

Cymande (pronounced sah-mahn-day) is a British funk group that was originally active in the early 1970s. The band name derives from a calypso word for "dove", which symbolises peace and love;[1] it is also the title of one of their best-known songs. With a membership deriving from several Caribbean nations, Cymande were noted for an eclectic mix of funk, soul, reggae, rock, African music, calypso, and jazz that they called "nyah-rock".[2][3][4] The band formed in 1971 and released three albums before disbanding in 1974. After gaining newfound popularity when their music was sampled by many notable rap artists, Cymande reformed in the 2010s

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...