Funk: Currently spinning

2Brix

On 25/08/2020 at 9:42 AM, 2Brix said:

Thanks @Monty nice write up.  Yep i love that track 'Cold Sweat' and coincidentally was listening to Maceo's version yesterday evening.  I have two JB albums on CD (I'm Real, and Live at the Apollo) but i seem to have misplaced both!! ?? so i need to have a proper look in the few spots we have CDs stashed around the house.  

Woo-hoo...found one of them!!!

I'm real, i'm real

I'm the real super bad

And ain't nobody out there good enough

To take the things i have

IMG_4914.jpg

• Like 3

https://toshiomatsuuragroup.bandcamp.com/album/loveplaydance-8-scenes-from-the-floor

< On ‘LOVEPLAYDANCE’, legendary Tokyo DJ and producer Toshio Matsuura charts a new direction. Casting musical cornerstones in a fresh light, the TOSHIO MATSUURA GROUP features Tom Skinner (drummer for Sons of Kemet and Owiny Sigoma Band amongst others) as its musical director, as well as some of the UK’s most exciting jazz-influenced musicians. Drawing on years of surveying and curating different corners of music, Matsuura deftly combines this talented pool of players into one singular, wide-ranging album.

A co-founder of Japan’s United Future Organisation (aka U.F.O.), this new record sees Matsuura reconnect with longstanding friend and collaborator Gilles Peterson. >

• Like 1