WITHDRAWN FROM SALE: Magnepan LRS speakers brand new

Item Condition: Brand new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Coburg North
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: Upgrading

Further information:  just got these last week, used for a couple of days. Just do not work in my room setup. Come with everything. Cash or eft , pickup from Coburg North

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200822_144050.jpg

20200822_144056.jpg

20200822_144107.jpg

Edited by tortello77
Giving them another try!
  • Like 2

Loved hearing this speaker--a midrange that leaves you ecstatic. Tremendous value. Get good subs and a powerful amp and you are potentially 'settled' for a long time!

I have now gone low-powered SET + high efficiency speakers BUT I could happily revert to this system.

GLWTS

• Like 2

9 hours ago, doogie44 said:

Loved hearing this speaker--a midrange that leaves you ecstatic. Tremendous value. Get good subs and a powerful amp and you are potentially 'settled' for a long time!

I have now gone low-powered SET + high efficiency speakers BUT I could happily revert to this system.

GLWTS

Unfortunately,  I feel that by the time I invest in subs+amps, the budget will be incredibly inflated.. but I understand the hype behind these.

18 hours ago, doogie44 said:

GLWTS

Ps. What sub would you recommend, I do feel they need some help between 30-50hz. Cheers

I'm a long-term REL user, have been using twin subs for a decade. Currently the REL Storm 5. My daughter has the T5i in her lounge room.

These RELs were essential to my full enjoyment of the Maggie 1.7s. I find REL very 'musical' in application.

There is a lot of discussion here on SNA about the better subs.

• Like 1

Just now, doogie44 said:

I'm a long-term REL user, have been using twin subs for a decade. Currently the REL Storm 5. My daughter has the T5i in her lounge room.

These RELs were essential to my full enjoyment of the Maggie 1.7s. I find REL very 'musical' in application.

There is a lot of discussion here on SNA about the better subs.

Wow, I thought the 1.7, had plenty of bass when I heard them last year! The thing is those sub are really expensive and I cannot see myself justifying that purchase.. clearly different budget here..?. Thank you!

19 hours ago, doogie44 said:

GLWTS

Ps. What sub would you recommend, I do feel they need some help between 30-50hz. Cheers

Maybe its me, maybe its the room but I really don't feel the need for a sub-woofer. I have had the LRS for 6 months, played every type of music and have been very satisfied. 

Having read many, many commentaries concerning the difficulties in pairing up a sub with these beauties, if I were to go down this route I would go back to Magnepan and buy their very affordable ribbon based sub that was designed to be as fast and responsive as these speakers require. Details here ....