New 4k players

4 hours ago, Fijiboy1969 said:

Sony x700 n pana ub820 but pana double d price.was waiting if any new ones comin out

What display do you have ? Does it have dolby vision to match a dearer player ? Pana has slipped a new model in that is even cheaper than the 420 and still has great optimiser tone mapping ..

https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/home-entertainment/blu-ray-and-dvd-players/dp-ub150.html

3 hours ago, Fijiboy1969 said:

Lg oled 

In that case if you dont have a lot of dolby vision discs the LG's have a good hdr10 scene by scene hdr  algorithm so you can save some $ with the new pana ub 150 and static metadata hdr10 ?

• Like 1

I know as pana ub450 not released here as it has dolby vision.Will wait 4 couple of weeks as av show in Berlin in sept.i got couple of dolby vision discs n plan to buy more.Cheers n thanks.

Edited by Fijiboy1969

4 hours ago, Fijiboy1969 said:

I know as pana ub450 not released here as it has dolby vision.Will wait 4 couple of weeks as av show in Berlin in sept.i got couple of dolby vision discs n plan to buy more.Cheers n thanks.

Just mention it doesnt have the optimiser circuitry and runs of a 12v plug pack and isnt full size but that apart if your happy with the LG's bitmapping  it is a good match :) It also doesnt have the HCX processor for tweaking which is where the panas differ from others ; this was posted on av forum to give you an idea of what to expect in a aus specced version..

Edited by cwt
  • Like 1