SOLD: PS Audio Stellar M700 Monoblock Power Amplifiers (Pair)

Item Condition: Excellent 9/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Paypal (+ Fees or F&F), Bank Deposit, Cash on Pickup.
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Further information:

These amplifiers have hardly been used and are in excellent condition.

They come complete with all original factory accessories and packaging.

Current RRP $4995.00

Enjoy an unheard of level of control and command from your loudspeakers with the Stellar™ M700, one of the most extraordinary under $5,000 power amplifier pair ever crafted. The M700 combines the slam, linearity, control and pacing of a Class D output stage with the warmth, grace, and rich inner detail of Stellar’s Class A Analog Cell. The results are nothing short of breath-taking. Liberate all the toe-tapping energy trapped in your media library. Plumb music’s subterranean depths as your system gives you more bottom end than you thought possible. Revel in rich layers of fine, full detail. Marvel at the deep, extraordinary, wall-to-wall soundstage. Control your loudspeakers as never before. Effortless. Lush. Stellar.

The problems faced when crafting a new power amplifier are many—delivering sufficient power, control, frequency extension, and dynamics while maintaining a perfectly layered soundstage under the most complex musical passages.

All amplifiers sound different. What determines sound quality are the components and topologies of the amp’s input voltage stage and output current stage. Each section should complement the other. Between them, the amp develops its sound. 

Stellar’s design imperatives—affordable pricing, uncompromised sonics—were major challenges solved by the invention of a unique new circuit christened the Analog Cell™. 

Stellar engineer Darren Myers had planned from the outset to take advantage of Class D’s high current, low distortion, ruler flat linearity for the output stage—knowing full well it is the input stage that determines sonic character. This critical interface between preamplifier and power amplifier is where Stellar’s magic would be unveiled; where Myers could lavish upon the music the sweet, tube-like quality of Class A biased MOSFETs. His challenge was to synergistically marry both input and output topologies, for which he invented Stellar’s Analog Cell.

The Analog Cell is the heart of the M700’s musicality, where richly overlayed layers of music’s inner details are preserved even in the most complex orchestral crescendos. The Analog Cell is a proprietary, fully differential, zero feedback, discrete, Class A MOSFET circuit, hand-tuned to capture the smallest micro dynamics without sacrificing the loudest macro dynamics music has to offer.

Features

• Mono power amplifier pair
  • Zero-loss Analog Cell input stage
  • Powerful MOSFET balanced output stage
  • RCA Single ended input
  • XLR “true” balanced input
  • 350 watts into 8Ω
  • 700 watts rms into 4Ω
  • 2Ω stable
  • Less than 0.1% thd 20Hz to 20kHz at rated power
  • Damping factor 1100 for excellent loudspeaker control
  • Front panel standby button
  • Efficient operation with very little heat
  • Dual, solid copper, plated, output binding posts
  • 27 pounds

Input 12-volt trigger 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

1 ps-audio-m700-700-watt-mono-block-amplifier-pair-black-excellent.jpeg

2 ps-audio-m700-700-watt-mono-block-amplifier-pair-black-excellent.jpeg

3 ps-audio-m700-700-watt-mono-block-amplifier-pair-black-excellent.jpeg

4 ps-audio-m700-700-watt-mono-block-amplifier-pair-black-excellent.jpeg

5 PS Audio.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silver Audiophile
      Item: PS Audio BHK 300 mono amps.
      Price Range: $12,000-$14,000 depending on age and condition.
      Item Condition: Used.
      Extra Info: Prefer black model.

• By sheldon
      Item Condition: Stellar Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: Change of priorities Further information:

I bought these wonderful class D amps new in sealed boxes from a fellow SNA member in Feb 2021
      However my priorities have changed and don't have the time to invest in building my 'audio footprint' as I like to call it, hence i'm reluctantly parting with these.
      The amps were purchased from a dealer (in QLD) and come with balance of the 2 year warranty - over 18 months remaining.  

They are so are as close to new as you’d expect. 

I have the original boxes and can arrange interstate postage. 

Photos:
      As attached below

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.  

• By Jon Snow
      Item Condition: Stellar Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Too many amps Further information: 
      I bought these wonderful class D amps new in sealed boxes from a fellow SNA member in August 2020. 
      At about the same time, I couldn’t resist buying a class AB amp at a good price. 
      I spent a month comparing the amps. 
      I would be equally happy with both, but alas I cannot keep both. 
      I found the M700 to have huge reserves of power to effortlessly drive my magnepans with a full rich and detailed sound. They held a tight grip over the bass and produced a smooth midrange bloom and clear highs.  They held their own against the AB amp in all areas and exceeded in some areas.  

The amps were purchased from a local dealer and come with balance of the 2 year warranty - over 18 months remaining.  

The amps were plugged in by me for a month , so are as close to new as you’d expect. 

I have the original boxes and can arrange interstate postage. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Headbanger
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Ryde State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Downsizing Further information:
      I am the second owner. These were purchased from another SNA member about 6 years ago.  Recently serviced by Chris at Kimil Electronics to check all OK and the bias was reset. These are two heavy buggers to lug around but they sound sweet as. 

Very dynamic sounding with 200W power into 8 ohms, but Class A operating for finesse.  Ideal amp for many diamond or Beryllium tweeter speakers as well as ESLs and ribbon speakers. 

Can be shipped as are in the original double boxes, but prefer personal pickup

From the Xindak website
      The circuit features of XA8800MNE
      Designed as a separate mono-channel structure, XA8800MNE is a full symmetrical current negative feedback Class A amplifier. 
      The input buffering amplifying stage adopts fast and wide-frequency amplifying circuit with cross coupling compensatory structure.

Darlington complex structure on the Voltage amplifying stage not only ensures enough voltage gain but also raises the input impedance to reach excellent match between the different stages. Besides, the adoption of Cascode circuit offers a good solution of the effect on the high frequency by the transistor junction capacitance. Thus the frequency width could be raised, the output characteristic curve of the bipolar transistor could be improved, the distortion of this stage could be reduced and high stabilization could be achieved.
      On the current drive stage, it adopts high power FET to supply drive current for the end stage. The parallel output transistors on the end stage could reduce the output impedance, increase the output power, and improve the load capability with low resistor.
      The static working current of 6 pairs high power transistors on the end stage as parallel output is about 300mA and each transistor works in the special linear area where current is higher. This could eliminate crossover distortion and switch distortion efficiently and reduce the output impedance. Equipped with impedance compensatory network including L、Rs、Rz and C on the output terminal, the load of this unit will be closer to pure resistor and difficult to cause self-excitation. Meanwhile, it could afford bigger damp to enhance the controlling ability of this unit to the loudspeaker.
      In order to ensure the middle point voltage of this unit approximately to be zero, high quality operating amplifying components, high frequency non-inductance resistor, silver in glass capacitance and so on are put to good use to the loop current servo feedback circuit.

As for the power supply for the complete unit, each channel adopts 600W high quality annular transformer while the other parts adopts winding group on the power supply separately. Additionally the power supply for the power amplifying, voltage amplifying and protecting circuit are separated: the power supply for the power amplifying part is equipped with 50A bridge rectifier and 60,000MF filtering capacitance and supplies power directly after commutating and filtering; the power supply for the voltage amplifying adopts stable power supply with fast speed, low noisy, low impedance and strong ability to avoid the “ripple” to avoid the modulating disturbance caused by fluctuation of the power on the following stage and make the sound purer.
      Additionally, this unit adds protection functions, including power-on delay concussion protection, zero point floating on the output terminal, over current and over voltage of the power transistor protection. In order to avoid the noisy when power-off, this circuit adds transient release circuit, power-on delay circuit and glittering indicating circuit for protection to make this unit more intellective.
      Parameter Name Parameter Values S/N Ratio ≥110dB THD ≤0.025% Input Impedance 47K ohms Number of Channels 1 Output One Pair Gold Plated Binding Posts Input Sensitivity 1.7V Frequency Response 5Hz~150KHz (±0.5dB) Input RCA*1, XLR*1 Rated Output Power 200W(8ohms),400W(4ohms) Net Weight 24Kg Dimensions (W*H*D) 305mm*202mm*427mm Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By DigitalDave
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Canberra/Queanbeyan State: ACT Payment Method: EFT, Cash on pickup, Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information:

Purchased new around 2012. RRP at the time was about $1,000 AUD. This model has since been superseded by PS Audio.

Asking price is negotiable but includes shipping. Donation will be made to SNA once sold.

A very balanced sound, with gain and loading adjustments available - you can use it with either MM or MC cartridge. Has XLR and RCA outputs. 

I'm simply reducing box count and using the phono stage in my integrated amp which is not even close to the performance this unit offers but, such is life. I need to simplify my system.

Comes with manual and original box. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ