Sound absorbing curtains / fleece polyester

Guest Peter the Greek
9 hours ago, jazzman1974 said:

is the trilogy 1 available in less than 50m rolls?

will be needing to cover some frames around my screen with fabric but wont be needing that much....

Yep. They sell it by the meter.....or at least they did

Guest Peter the Greek
2 hours ago, grasshoppa said:

Thanks for thst. 
yeah I have decided to use jersey fabric. 
I got a sample of trilogy fabric but it’s really hard fabric. 

Makes it SO much better to work with. Doesn't fray, stretch etc. Lots of people use in front of speakers. Its great stuff.

Hi Peter are you talking about the Trilogy fabric, i want to make drapes  i think it would look terrible that fabric as drapes it wouldn't  drape down very well if you know what i mean. I will use it for acoustic panels ! I will use Jersey fabric for drapes!

Guest Peter the Greek
4 hours ago, grasshoppa said:

i want to make drapes 

I've misunderstood. What's the purpose of the drapes? 

Ok!

i have a room which is 12m long!

i want to make it smaller I think maybe because there is tiles on floor, which is bad for acoustics. If I mAke the room smaller with drapes then I only have to have a rug only the size of a smaller room. Or don’t you think I need one. 
BA4D6F28-38CE-41AD-A6EF-3537576DE5AF.thumb.jpeg.6e49ed9668bbd5581d7a599255482e93.jpeg

Guest Peter the Greek

Drapes of any fabric will do diddly. Use whatever curtain fabric you like. 

The only way to do something material in that space is to line the ceiling with panels or similar. Or carpet the floor

I would love to carpet the whole down here but it floods. So I can

only use a rug big enough for the movie area. 4m x 5.5. Area. So you think don’t worry about the curtain and put ceiling panels. I can make them ? Won’t it be a problem if it’s all opened up. What I mean there will still be tiled exposed. Maybe panels over most of ceiling. Scattered ??

Guest Peter the Greek
51 minutes ago, grasshoppa said:

Maybe panels over most of ceiling. Scattered ??

Rule of thumb is 30% of floor, wall, ceiling. Do't take that as gospel.

The best way to do a ceiling is fabric track - so attach the [whatever you're using - say ultratel] then have a fabric track that covers the whole thing......its going to get expensive.....

You could get some polymax or whatever its called, attach it to the ceiling and see. 50mm of the 48kg stuff. You can get these things called "insulation pins". They might hold it, at least as a temp whilst your trying it. They're adhesive too, so wouldn't so too much damage - failing that, bang a screw in and patch it if it doesn't work