betty boop

Astell & Kern Owners thread

12 minutes ago, mugwampjism said:

Gosh mine hasn't touched a single surface yet. Hasn't been played with by the kids or the missus.. sits happily in it's case, inside the pouch, all the time.  The thought of yours falling from your pocket is actually giving me sympathy pains

I suppose the longer I keep mine perfect, the more it's gonna hurt when I do eventually let it slip 😭

yep sent shiver up my spine as well ! mine stays in my case too... but what is this pouch thing ? I dont think mine came with a pouch :) 

It's a comms pouch for the shoulder strap of my bag, military style not cool Astell Kern style sorry

My affordable take on those Van Nuys pouches, it's the Maxpedition Pup pouch

Edited by mugwampjism

38 minutes ago, mugwampjism said:

Gosh mine hasn't touched a single surface yet. Hasn't been played with by the kids or the missus.. sits happily in it's case, inside the pouch, all the time.  The thought of yours falling from your pocket is actually giving me sympathy pains

I suppose the longer I keep mine perfect, the more it's gonna hurt when I do eventually let it slip 😭

Thank you.

It's used as my truck system which can be a rough environment for things so unfortunately these things sometimes happen despite taking as much care as possible.

40 minutes ago, mugwampjism said:

It's a comms pouch for the shoulder strap of my bag, military style not cool Astell Kern style sorry

My affordable take on those Van Nuys pouches, it's the Maxpedition Pup pouch

a shrunken by accident beanie... or case logic pocket camera pouch probably do for me if take this on the go :) 

I once took a watch for repair to rather fancy watch repair place, using a bright yellow child's sock as protection, and the woman rolled her eyes at me, out of exasperation not condescendingly, and said "why does everyone always use a sock!? I get so many socks!"

A shrunken by accident beanie makes me think 'sock' lol :D

Actually a camera pouch was exactly what I wanted to use, that's the best idea. But when I realised I had the Molle system on my cross strap, I went for a molle pouch.

7 minutes ago, mugwampjism said:

I once took a watch for repair to rather fancy watch repair place, using a bright yellow child's sock as protection, and the woman rolled her eyes at me, out of exasperation not condescendingly, and said "why does everyone always use a sock!? I get so many socks!"

A shrunken by accident beanie makes me think 'sock' lol :D

Actually a camera pouch was exactly what I wanted to use, that's the best idea. But when I realised I had the Molle system on my cross strap, I went for a molle pouch.

haha... for my camera gear... i have some lone explorer socks..having lost their pair and I tend to use them in the field to protect the lens in the carry bag :D 

sold a couple of similar sized compact cameras recently so seems a good option for when on the move outdoors. but yeah that shrunken beanie is doing a pretty good job around the house :D 

On 04/09/2020 at 2:04 PM, betty boop said:

how are you using jriver ? to arrange playlists and library ? that sounds interesting. indeed these are such good devices ! 

Thanks @betty boop - my usage of the iPod was pure convenience - its the 21st century and i can carry my entire library in a pocket device as space saving mp3 files (blech!). Plus iTunes got me early with my CD library organisation (ooohhh look it uses the internet to work out what album it is ripping, wow)...and i could make a playlist

I have used the AnK at home when the wife needed some silence, or was doing yoga. I don't have the biggest house and I do agree with her that me gradually increasing the volume up a bit higher as the tunes improved doesn't lend well to a peaceful hour of yoga...

As my AK70mk2 is the entry level model - i do just treat it as a playable hard drive - it just so happens it has fantastic DACs of course hahaha

JRiver took a bit of time to work out (before even deciding to lay down the dosh to buy/use it) - but yes I use it as a library backup and playlists for driving (his/hers/ours). It allows me to add new music (CDs from friends. CD purchases and HD Tracks purchases etc) to the library and then to the AnK device.

These devices are totally worth it - even for me my model is beyond amazing for its SQ and usability. :-)

enjoyed some time in the yard this afternoon, reading and listening to music via the A&K, absolutely loved it. even streamed radio sounds so good via the A&K. doing this kind of thing just wouldn't be possible to same quality without this thing....

@mugwampjism #shrunken beanie was at hand.... seeing if can start a movement :D 

8DDC73C1-BD10-44D2-879E-C37A1F9E8FC1.jpeg

On 02/09/2020 at 4:34 PM, mbd said:

Anyone else find the fancy leather case a little frustrating for accessing the the hard side-buttons of the SP1000?  Because it's so smooth, I keep not incorrectly guesstimating where the buttons are, and end up having to pick it up to look.

I found a cheap-ish TPU case on ebay which seems to accentuate the button positions, so plan to give that a try instead. 

The above-mentioned case arrived today. I can't say that it impacts the high sound quality of the SP1000 in either direction, but I'm pretty happy with it. My main desire, the ability to blindly find the FF/PlayPause/Rew buttons is satisfied. It came with the case, and some extra knick-knacks; two seemingly pointless straps, some also seemingly pointless 'Hi-Res Audio' stickers, as well as a screen protector and application kit. The seller I bought from was "reachcustomerwish" and they have them still listed as of writing at https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TPU-Skin-Case-Cover-For-Iriver-Astell-Kern-SP1000-With-Front-Tempered-Glass/223622222976

231506317_ScreenShot2020-09-16at4_36_10pm.thumb.png.3fc73ab1b2e104af1d4c64db5b44a130.png

I think it looks nice. I'm assuming in a drop test it would do the job, but I'll leave that testing to accidents or someone else :)

1201946018_ScreenShot2020-09-16at4_35_26pm.png.0728c9bcb9e817499b3f8c2a43536140.png503293169_ScreenShot2020-09-16at4_36_01pm.png.349432e422d1a944671a70aea4e042d4.png1735045258_ScreenShot2020-09-16at4_35_53pm.png.27a09cce1f4f35e0b035b806f5d53f39.png

17 hours ago, mbd said:

The above-mentioned case arrived today

Well I think you've settled it

17 hours ago, mbd said:

the ability to blindly find the FF/PlayPause/Rew buttons is satisfied

Worth a crack. Thank you very much.

I still have all the same accessories from when I ordered a $5 skin for a Sony DAP last year.

I have no idea who the Hi-res stickers are aimed at, they seem cheap as.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)