Sign in to follow this  
Briz Vegas

Lamborghini Miura appreciation society

Posted (edited)

Not quite, but there is nothing like listening to a true car enthusiast enjoying their favourite, whether that be Eric Bana showing off his Falcon or mechanic Iain Tyrrell driving and singing to his favourite “film star”.  Cool video.

Edited by Briz Vegas

Your thread title is ambiguous because the entire world appreciates the Miura :) 

I quite love the Kidston video on Innocenti's Miura and it's history - quite beautifully told. I'm sure you've seen it.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, rmpfyf said:

Your thread title is ambiguous because the entire world appreciates the Miura :) 

I quite love the Kidston video on Innocenti's Miura and it's history - quite beautifully told. I'm sure you've seen it.

I think the thread title is very clear and to the point, so far from being ambiguous.😄 Thanks for the video👍

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

I'll join this club!

SVJ please.

For those that aren't aware of Davide Cironi's excellent work - he's an introduction to it via Miura (he later interviews it's designer and some other vids on it - and his Bugatti EB110 work is phenomenal - great channel).

1 hour ago, rmpfyf said:

For those that aren't aware of Davide Cironi's excellent work - he's an introduction to it via Miura (he later interviews it's designer and some other vids on it - and his Bugatti EB110 work is phenomenal - great channel).

Got to say, he looks so uncomfortable in that cabin.  Wheel between his legs and knees up near the dashboard.  Wouldn’t it be terrible to meet the dream car of your youth and you don’t fit in the drivers seat.  Just as well I never sat in the Fiat X1/9, it was tiny by all reports.

17 minutes ago, Briz Vegas said:

Got to say, he looks so uncomfortable in that cabin.  Wheel between his legs and knees up near the dashboard.  Wouldn’t it be terrible to meet the dream car of your youth and you don’t fit in the drivers seat.

Weren't Italian cars famous for a short legs, long arms driving position back then 🤣

Not to mention the 'Alfa ankle' syndrome from having to keep your foot suspended in space on the accelerator pedal.

They say "never meet your heroes", I was quite enamoured of the Audii TT Coupe, until I sat in one 🤣

I was unable to operate the clutch pedal due to a serious knee-steering wheel interaction.

Posted (edited)
On 13/08/2020 at 7:34 PM, pwstereo said:

Weren't Italian cars famous for a short legs, long arms driving position back then 🤣

Not to mention the 'Alfa ankle' syndrome from having to keep your foot suspended in space on the accelerator pedal.

They say "never meet your heroes", I was quite enamoured of the Audii TT Coupe, until I sat in one 🤣

I was unable to operate the clutch pedal due to a serious knee-steering wheel interaction.

I physically have short legs and long arms! Miura is the only Lamborghini I'd want to own. Used to drool over the two P400S that used to be in the classic car shop in North Sydney in 2012/13.

Never sat in a Miura, but had the disappointment in 1999 of not fitting in an NSX at work, which meant I wasn't able to road test it! Had a job for a while road testing imports for compliance. Up to 10 cars a day. 

Edited by DrSK

Posted (edited)

Killer can that can kill at top speed. I remember reading somewhere that when approaching top speed the front end begins to lift off the ground.

Awesome looks but bad design.

Edited by Yamaha_man

10 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Killer can that can kill at top speed. I remember reading somewhere that when approaching top speed the front end begins to lift off the ground.

Awesome looks but bad design.

Only by modern standards - its pretty good for a period classic.

On 13/08/2020 at 7:34 PM, pwstereo said:

Worst I've been in from that period was a Detomaso Mangusta, though if you have me one I'd still not say no. Beautiful car.

Fun on the PlayStation GranTurismo.