Help needed please | Choosing a multi-channel amp

Thanks ALL for your help with the options. I was informed that the Elektra had a massive lead time (a bit uncertain), so now my options are:

- wait for a long time

- wait a couple of weeks for the Chord, or

- new idea - a Parasound A52+

As always, thoughts and advice welcome ....

On 19/08/2020 at 6:00 PM, Ravin said:

Thanks ALL for your help with the options. I was informed that the Elektra had a massive lead time (a bit uncertain), so now my options are:

- wait for a long time

the wait is worth it ... and goes quicker than what think... this threads already been going for 2 weeks ? 

On 19/08/2020 at 6:00 PM, Ravin said:

new idea - a Parasound A52+

just costs more in my experience .... a under $3k amp in usd becomes $7k amp here .... why pay so much ....somethign like the elektra can mix it with likes of Bryson and parasound and like it just costs cheaper here because its local. would cost as much as these imported amps ... if you tried to buy the elektra over seas ! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A member on this forum has an ARCAM AVR850 which would so an amzing job for you at around your price point and will handle two channel music better than any other AV amp on the market int hat price range.  It is nearly $9,000 RRP but secondhand you'll get one close to your budget.   Have a chat to OverJP.  https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/profile/143992-overjp/

20 minutes ago, paulie83 said:

After much research on single box AVR options, I will be joining the Elektra Club :) . To be paired with my Aventage 1050 for now, and a pre pro or something better in the future!

Congrats. What are you getting?

• 2 weeks later...