FS: Vandersteen 1C

Item Condition: 8/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Burwood
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Bank Transfer, PayPal F&F, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Not suited to needs

Further information:

Hi all,

Selling a pair of Vandersteen 1Cs that I have owned for approximately a month now. Unfortunately, these speakers are not suitable for my music or tastes – I favour a much heavier and bass biased sound as it suits the music I listen to best. Please refer to this thread, where it is ultimately concluded that my ears are the issue, not the speakers: https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/318310-what-have-i-done-wrong-vandersteen-1cs-sounding-awful/page/5

Some very minor cosmetic damage occurred in shipping when I purchased the units, and one of the tweeters suffered from a wiring failure, presumably as a result of the same impact that caused the cosmetic damage aforementioned. I have had the tweeter repaired by Boyd from Total Recoil in Thornbury at my expense. I’ve tried to show the minor cosmetic damage to the best of my ability.

Speakers will come in the original packaging and with the original manual.

Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks for viewing

Specifications

Impedance: 6.8 ohms

Efficiency: 90dB with 2.83 volts of pink noise input at 1 meter on axis

Recommended Amplification: 20 to 100 watts per channel

Frequency Response: 38Hz to 22,500Hz 3dB

Dispersion: 38Hz to 15,800Hz 3dB at 30 degrees off axis

Crossover Frequency: 2800Hz, 6dB per octave

Dimensions: 36" high, 12" wide, 10" deep, 44 pounds

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20200811_163341.jpg

20200811_163357.jpg

20200811_163404.jpg

20200811_163501.jpg

20200811_163803.jpg

You might need to check with the Vandersteen Importers (Caxton Audio); the Vandersteen 1 on the back plate indicates these are the first Vandersteen 1 model which ceased production in 1996. The Model 1C took over from 1996 onwards and is marked as such on the back plate.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

You might need to check with the Vandersteen Importers (Caxton Audio); the Vandersteen 1 on the back plate indicates these are the first Vandersteen 1 model which ceased production in 1996. The Model 1C took over from 1996 onwards and is marked as such on the back plate.

Cheers

Thanks for the comment. There is a "C" marking on the end of the serial number, which you can see on the original sale post by the previous owner here: https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/315285-sold-fs-vandersteen-1c-speakers/?tab=comments#comment-4564612