4K UHD freezing on playback on XBOX One s

Hi As any one else encountered problems with 4K UHDwith the picture and sound momentarily freezing during playback.

This mainly happens when the scene has alot going on for instance the end fight scene in Avengers End Game

Any thoughts ?

Sean  

Edited by Sean Perth
  • Like 1

havne seen sean but to be honest I find the x box one x a pretty basic player for 4k disc replay ? 

have you considered there is a cable issue some place. have you run the cable test the x box one x has ? otherwise some have said its worth washing the disc with some soapy water... ive never had to do. but maybe worth a shot. dont scratch disc in process clearly ...

is it always same discs same sections ... ? that could point to disc... but to be honest i havent seen  any freezing issues at all for some years. was oppo 203 in its early days of release that would do that but that was more oppo problems...

34 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

I will try cleaning but it’s only been played twice and same section yes

im now thinking I should by a dedicated 4K player 

definitely give a shot,

but yeah honestly a player like the pana 820 or something will be heaps better... just even in usability :) there pretty stable too, ive had no glitch hick up or anything with last two pana players have had in 900 or 9000 :) 

if dont need dolby vision the 420 is cheaper again ! 

What Al said plus

sometimes these tricks may help video stuttering

1. disable all CEC from player and TV

2. change your colour space in the Blu ray player to 4:2:2 (from Bob Pariseau at avs)
this decreases the bandwidth of the signal travelling from your player , with preserved original fidelity of the data encoded on the disc

3. disable wi fi from you player

4. all the usual stuff like make sure no dust or finger prints on your disc , make sure your HDMI cable is Premiumcertified , make sure your player firmware is up to date , make sure all HDMI terminations are snug in their sockets 

personally I found option 2 caused a dramatic reduction in freezing on my UhD player

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Tweaky said:

Not being a Xbox owner I can't give advice on a fix, or what the actual problem is [When this sort of thing happens on a PS  it's usually caused by a buffer overload]

You could look at the various YouTube posts on the Xbox by HDTVTEST that might supply a answer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCYOO2uYPnG-21WDOWdwew

All sorted- brought a separate bluray/4k player 

My Xbox one S was working fine for a month then refused to send 4k signals through to my projector but it still did to my TV. Projector was a longer run even though i was using good Kordz cables. I presume it was a cable issue so i am in the process of replacing it. But I think when it only slows down during action scenes then it might be something else and not cable related?