Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, 

Looking for some members findings in regard to  Pass Labs and Luxman.

I am looking forward to get to know about your feedback.

Luxman 550/590 vs Pass Labs Int25/ Int 60 .

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Masseey
Edit

You can't go wrong with either. Go and listen  for yourself and decide

Maybe chuck in Accuphase class A  into the mix ;)

For that pair  my vote goes to the Pass Labs.  But the Lux is also good.  I also own accuphase.

‘Best to let YOUR ears tell you what’s best.

I absolutely love my Luxman 590.  Suits my system setup well.  It's my 1st class A and from the get go I heard the difference.  I've not heard any Pass Labs amps.

Either will be a great basis for your setup.

My preference is Pass Labs, but I am biased as an XA30.8 owner.

Definitely try and find somewhere to demo them both.

1 hour ago, Steam said:

For that pair  my vote goes to the Pass Labs.  But the Lux is also good.  I also own accuphase.

‘Best to let YOUR ears tell you what’s best.

Nice to know you have all the 3. Is there any reason for Pass labs getting the vote? 

Posted (edited)

I don’t have the Luxman.  But have heard it.  Was very nice although not in my setup.  

The pass and accuphase are in different systems. 

The pass was purchased because we listened to lots of amps at a few dealers.  Some good some bad.  As an afterthought a dealer said they had an int150 we could try.  As soon as it started that was it (way better than anything else we had heard in the price range).   In then end we moved up the pass range to pre power combo.  I have recommended the INT150 several times in other threads.  Only thing against it is looks.  

I have not done a head to head pass integrated against an accuphase integrated.  I have an accuphase pre which I love.  Sound fabulous, bullet proof, and has all the features that normally get omitted by Pass.  in fact the “features” aspect is a big point of difference.  Do you need phono, or a built in DAC, balance, mono, tone controls, HT pass through etc.  

Overall I would be happy to score any of the above.  But if  you can hear them yourself that’s the way to go - the difficulty is getting to hear them with your speakers or alternatively on the same speakers so you can decide what YOU like best.

Edited by Steam

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vladas
      Item Condition: Used 9/10 - mint; from smoke free house Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Frankston State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Downsizing Further information:  
      RRP price: $8000 direct from the maker.

All Tube Class A 35 watts per channel mono blocks.

Weight: 25 kg per mono block - total 50 kg.
      Dimensions per one mono block: Width – 30cm Depth – 45cm Height – 20cm.

Original tubes supplied per mono block:
      13E1 – 1 UK, NOS
      12AU7 – 1 USA, NOS
      ECC-99 – 1 Slovak Republic, New

Arguably the best tube power amplifier ever crafted in Australia.
      Almost 4 years old, but not much used - on some weekends only.
      With original tubes which are still running very well.
      Regretful sale.

Excerpts from Edgar Kramer, 6moons Review:

The SE-35 is the most transparent, vivid and immediate sounding amplifier I’ve
      ever had in my system. It’s the most real, clear and true. It communicates not only the most delicate and accurate harmonic information allowing instrument and voice alike to sound their most lifelike but it also translates the phenomenon that pours from a musician’s creative mojo onto the recording and then via the wonders of electrons and oscillating magnetic forces to your ears and brain.

Elson’s philosophy revolves around four main aspects at the core of all his designs from which everything else follows naturally:
      The best materials from around the world
      Optimized design simplicity resulting in ultra quiet circuits and absolute reliability
      Outstanding measured performance
      Sonic excellence with full-range sound

The other special element of today’s monoblocks are its transformers. These are massively over-engineered hand-wound units custom-made for Elson to his strict design specifications. These things are enormous in size and weight and use the best ingredients and geometry. "First you have to make the output transformer large enough to cater to the high current demanded by the valve so there is no core saturation. The air gap must be very critically set or else the bass will be loose and distortion high. In my transformer designs I use the best iron cores imported from Israel and Japan and the best insulating material available. The output transformer of any valve amp is the heart of the matter.”

A further design element is variable negative feedback from 0dB to 6dB. This allows a certain and useful adjustment for different speakers. Elson is adamant that his feedback control has zero impact on signal purity but can reap benefits in bass quality. More feedback provides tighter bass control, less feedback the opposite. In the context of my system and room I used about 3dB. This gave me a superb balance of tight bass and midrange beauty. The specs are a mix of classic valve and 21st century precision (bearing in mind that this is a SET design). As its name suggests, the SE-35 puts out a conservative 35 watts into either 8Ω or 4Ω over 20Hz to 20kHz. Power bandwidth is 35 watts from 30Hz to 18kHz ±1dB. Input impedance is 100kΩ and damping factor 16. Harmonic distortion at full power is 2.8% with a signal to
      noise ratio of 90dB.

The SE-35 presents an unimpeded portal into micro detail and otherwise buried low-level minutiae in a totally cohesive and music-enhancing way. It sings with a voice that mimics 3D reality. It’s built to last, an absolute bargain, as quiet as any solid-state design measured ear to tweeter.

Excerpts from my review on Stereonet in 2017:

The idea of Reality Audio class came to my mind for the first time when I had opportunity to listen to a demo of Cymer Audio “Southern Cross SE-35” power amplifier. The sound coming from this amplifier was overwhelming, the closest approximation of live music which I have ever heard. If you leave the room and listen, you could SWEAR that the band is playing in the other room because the sound is so natural and realistic. Usually I did my complex comparison tests alone. Often, especially when I had doubts, I invited audiophile friends to listen blindly, who usually arrived to the same conclusions as I did. My past rating on a scale of 1 to 10 - as you see, price tag has little do to with rating:

Denon PMA-1500AE (Japan). Good entry level amplifier, everything OK. 6/10

Jungson DA-88Ti (China). Superior to Denon and Redgum, clearer voice and bigger sound. 7/10

Redgum Rgi60 (Australia). Similar to Denon. 6/10

Orpheus “Two and Three” (Switzerland). Probably the clearest and most pleasant voice of all I heard, however, sound is small, a bit like radio. 9-10 for speech reproduction, otherwise 8/10

Transcendent “Son of the Beast” OTL type (USA). Clean sound, but not engaging. 6-7/10

Melody “Astro Black 300B” (China). Natural sound, but muddy. 8/10 with Russian metal 1578 tubes; otherwise 6-7/10

Ayon “Crossfire (Austria). Clean, but skinny, not natural sound. Sound was worse than upgraded Melody's 7/10

Euphony “Mary Ann” (Japan). Nice all around, but need very sensitive 96+db speakers.
      7-8/10

Cymer Audio “Southern Cross SE-35” (Australia). Closest to reality sound. 10/10 - as reference amplifier.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved  

• By Neil1967
      Item Condition: VGC Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Rivervale State: Western Australia Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 

Purchased new by me in 2006 from Simply HiFi in Subiaco.

Items come with original documentation and boxes.

Class A amplifier 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
      5 analog inputs and 2 digital inputs to the Burr Brown DAC.
      Lovely sounding amp which is built like a tank, weighs approximately 16kg.
      In excellent working order except volume control on unit is temperamental, however volume adjustments via remote control function properly.

CD player with tube output via RCA or digital output to your favourite DAC.
      Functions as it should.

Happy to answer any questions

• By thejt
      Item: Shanling MC-30 Music Centre (Valves)
      Price: $625 or $650 with Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too much gear
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Shipped - Direct Deposit
      Extra Info:

I am the second owner of this locally delivered 240V unit and I am sure I will regret selling this later. Ask anyone who has ever come across one of these and they will back me up with how they were blown away by this little unit. The build quality is excellent, thick aluminium body and heavy transformers. The design is well thought out with the feet all featuring levelling. The sound it makes is lush and although it seems like it would not create a generous amount of sound at 3W (Class A) I can fill a lounge room with gorgeous sound without even going half way on the dial. This is without even using easy to drive speakers, I had used Quad 11L and Dynaudio Contour 1.32E which are both only about 86dB. It has a pre-out should you want more power, but I tried using a Quad 909 and preferred it direct. The unit actually provided more bass on its own. Feature wise, CD player, FM and AM radio, 3.5mm input and RCA input which should cover everything you could want. 

The original owner lost the remote but the unit can be operated from the controls on the device itself. Volume adjustment is a bit of a chore like that though so I picked up a Logitech universal unit which I can include for an extra $25 (cost $70). A common issue with many Shanling CD players is the occasion pause during cd playback but this is occurs only very occasionally and lasts about 1 - 2 seconds before resuming. The MC-30 has been otherwise faultless. I have the original double box so can ship at buyers risk if desired but note it is fairly heavy. Great chance to get into valves or Class A amplification without too much outlay. Questions welcome and I will try to answer best I can. Donation on sale to SNA. Please look at all the glowey bits in the pictures!

Praise:

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308shan/index.html

http://www.charismaaudio.com/products/shanling/mc30.htm

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Highpower
      Item: Denon PMA-880R Class A Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $300 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Accumulated too much hifi gear and about to move to a new house
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: This Denon PMA-880R Optical Class A Integrated Amplifier complete with RC-156 remote control and Operating Instructions is in mint condition. This amplifier was made in Japan in 1993.  Amps made by Denon in this era were considered to be the best amps that Denon ever made. These amps hardly ever come up for sale.

I have owned this amplifier from new and it has been very well looked after. The amplifier and remote control still look brand new and are unmarked. It's whole life has been in a cabinet behind a glass door, which is why it still looks brand new.

This Class A integrated amplifier has a very clean, detailed and powerful output that is impressive for both analogue and digital sources. There are no crackles or hums present and it performs just as well as the day I purchased it.

The PMA-880R has a solid power supply that uses a shielded toroidal transformer, and a pair of large 12,000uF capacitors for voltage smoothing and a very substantial heat sink. It features a source direct switch for tone controls bypass and optical connection between amplifier stages for detailed sound. Speakers can be connected via A, B, A B front switching. The speaker binding posts accommodate bare wires or banana plugs. The power rating is 2 x 75W RMS at 8 ohms or 2 x 120W at 4 ohms. The Denon PMA-880R uses an Optical class A circuit design for optimum sound quality. Source Direct can be used to bypass tone controls. The Denon PMA-880R accommodates both MM moving magnet and MC moving coil Phono options via front switching.

The Denon PMA-880R has the following RCA inputs: Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux, DAT/Tape-1, DAT/Tape-2. The amp also has a Record Out Selector a headphone jack, and a loudness button.

The specifications are as follows:

Power output: 75 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.2mV (MC), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MC), 94dB (MM), 110dB (line)
      Output: 150mV (line)
      Dimensions: 434 x 160 x 353mm
      Weight: 8.2kg
      Accessories: RC-156 remote control

• By tominmelb
      Item: Unison Research Unico Secondo Hybrid Tube Amp
      Price:  $1800.00
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: To fund other purchases.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal.
      Extra Info:  Beautiful Italian made hybrid tube amp in mint condition.  Has optional phono card installed ($RRPP $4400).  Comes with all original packaging and remote.  From a smoke and pet free home (and a child free room)