WTB: Loudspeaker Design Cookbook

Item: Loudspeaker Design Cookbook - Vance Dickason
Price Range: up to 40
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I'd like to kick off my day speaker building career. If anyone has a used, preferably later edition I'd be interested. $40 or a bit more depending on condition and I'll pay postage to Sunny Coast.

Thanks for reading :)

Craig

Edited by freakybeats
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 943
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kingston State: ACT Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
      Single M1 speaker in excellent condition. Used lightly as a centre speaker and been boxed ever since. 

Photos:

• By Ednnf
      Item Condition: Used, Perfect conditions Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Kangaroo Point 4169 State: QLD Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      Selling B&W 606 speaker. Purchased brand new back in March this year and in perfect conditions (no scratches, marks, etc.) Have original packaging, accessories and receipt if required. 

Local pick up preferred, can post at buyers expense. Speaker stand and Kookaburra aren’t included😄

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By Ken Lipper
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulimba State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: Not being used Further information: I'm selling a pair of superb Soundsmith Monarch Speakers - Made in the USA. Finished in absolutely gorgeous cherry. I wouldn't say perfect, but they're in very, very good condition. One of the speakers is missing the "Monarch" emblem from the grill - see photo. They've spent their life driven by a Tandberg 100 watt integrated amplifier and used sparingly in an extra room.

More information and full specifications can be found here:
      https://www.sound-smith.com/speakers/monarch-bookshelf-speakers

Willing to courier Australia-wide at an agreed price.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Geoff Millar
      Item Condition: As new: Opened for Testing Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Brunswick State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information: A pair of as-new Dayton (Parts Express) DC160-8 "Classic" series coated paper woofers, detailed specs attached.

Dayton's Classic DC160 is a very smooth sounding woofer, used in a range of DIY projects such as Paul Carmody's "Classix II" TM and 2.5TMM, the "Dayton III" MTM and the "Affordable Accuracy Monitor" TM.
      Excellent bass for a 6" woofer, sounds particularly good with music which is less well recorded, such as 60s pop/rock.

I use them in the Classix II with a VIFA BC25TG tweeter(photo of amateur looking cabinet att.), which are great speakers for the price.

Use a second order crossover  at about 2,000 Hz and a Zobel across the woofer. These have been opened and tested but not otherwise used. Price includes Australia Post standard and tracking.
      used.

Summary specs:

Impedance 8 ohms
      FS 35.7 Hz
      Qts 0.34
      SD 134.8
      VAS 17.9l
      SPl 86.1 dB@2.83v/1m
      RMS Power handling 50 watts
      Xmax3.15mm
      Reason for sale: too many speakers!

Photos:

PLEASE READ

295-305-dayton-audio-dc160-8-specifications-46146.pdf
    • By Sansui77
      During this pandemic I've had more time to get things done around the house including sorting out some speaker crossovers issues. These diy speakers were built by my old-school teacher and somehow they ended up in my hands. Originally they were setup with active crossovers but were changed back to a passive setup. Unfortunately, the crossovers were slapped together but still sounded great. Me being me I had to sort it out. I also decided to upgrade with better spec components still using the hand wound inductors. Performed a freq sweep and even though they look pretty good they needed tweeking. With a few adjustments with my super HD hearing lol, they still have that nice punchy bottom end detailed midrange. The big improvement is how detailed and cleaner the top end is now and not rolled off so quickly. The super tweeter crossover is not added in this circuit but will be built and installed seperately as I want to have a db attenuation stepper allowing you to set and control how the SB Acoustics supertweeter is outputted. Once all the testing are done, a full rewire internally, redo the acoustic material then redo - paint the cabinets. 

For DIY speakers, they're impressive 😉