Power supply from fuse box

22 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

Hey guys had my dedicated power put in last Wednesday 

so I have 4 sockets done

monos in 1 each and pre in another

plus my power conditioner in the last doing the other equipment ?

Tell us about it -2.5mm, 4mm, howd you go?

So 4mm straight to own fuse ran in plastic conduit had to come in through wall as couldn’t get down the wall space but once conduit painted black you won’t see it

big question 

did it make a difference 

I think it did but probably not as much as I thought it would 

but it wasn’t that expensive so definitely worth the money 

54 minutes ago, Sean Perth said:

So 4mm straight to own fuse ran in plastic conduit had to come in through wall as couldn’t get down the wall space but once conduit painted black you won’t see it

big question 

did it make a difference 

I think it did but probably not as much as I thought it would 

but it wasn’t that expensive so definitely worth the money 

Did sparkie run the earth into the common bus or direct to the stake?

• 8 months later...

• 2 months later...

Just did a quick addition of one SACD Player + Integrated Amp + 1 pair of Loudspeakers + High End Interconnects + High End Speaker Cables + 3 High End Power Cords = $40 K+. Installing a dedicated power line at maybe $1500 to $2000.........well!

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2020 at 9:57 AM, Ittaku said:

The power cord on the left now powers everything (to a regenerator) using a custom modified power cord with the CLIPSAL 1439/20TR | 3 Pin 20Amp PlugTop connector. In my experience all of the rewiring made zero positive difference to the sound, but at least I need not worry about tripping breakers in combination with other components that were on the same circuit before the rewiring.

What of the regenerator, Ittaku; did it make any positive difference to the sound?

Edited by MLXXX

16 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

PS Audio P20, was a substantial improvement to my surprise.

Rather than divert this thread onto a discussion of regenerators, could you possibly direct me to where you may have discussed your experience with the P20?  Like you, I would be surprised there'd be a substantial improvement. I'd be interested in knowing which audiophile equipment was sensitive to the change, in your experience.

21 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

Rather than divert this thread onto a discussion of regenerators, could you possibly direct me to where you may have discussed your experience with the P20?  Like you, I would be surprised there'd be a substantial improvement. I'd be interested in knowing which audiophile equipment was sensitive to the change, in your experience.

Geez, probably 100 pages back on my feature thread? I ended up having power issues with the P20 not liking my hardware but it's since been resolved after moving house to an area not near industrial zones. Who knows what they were doing to the local power.

I have found a reference:-

On 24/05/2018 at 4:30 PM, Ittaku said:

Power is regenerated, cleaned, and regulated by a PS Audio P20. Surprisingly this breathes more life, dynamics, and realism into the music, unlike  power filtration devices.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

I have found a reference:-

Well spotted! That's pretty still much my conclusion. I have seen measurements published for how power regeneration and clean sine waves can improve DC on the power rails in an electronic device downstream even after its own filtration, but I've never seen measurements confirm any improvement in the actual audio output which is why I remained sceptical. The theory for how this works is that DC ripple is always present and fully charged power supplies only refill at the tops of sine waves. Given my power amps are heavily filtered and voltage regulated, it would come as a surprise that it could affect the audio output. That said, ARC do describe power output suffering in conditions of poor electrical quality, but not so much the quality.

Screenshot_20211106_131502.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

What's the deal with current regs for putting in a new dedicated line? RCD+Breaker like before or now just an RCBO? 

I had a dedicated line for the audio system put in by the sparkie when doing new fuse box a few years back but like a fool chose the wrong location - now have moved to other room so need to do another dedicated line.
And now I need 11m of inwall cable, which makes using something like the GigaWatt LCY Evo cable an expensive proposition.

Can we have a dedicated line with its own earth ground stake? Or must everything in the house run through the same earth stake?

Thought I'd ask these questions here before ringing the sparkie and him suggesting the local NDIS mental health clinic.

Edited by agisthos
  • Haha 1