Audionerd

SOLD: FS: ATC SCM40 Speakers

Posted (edited)
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: ATC SCM40A

Further information: Anyone who knows ATC will understand just how good this model is. This is the exact pair of speakers that turned me onto the brand. Even at the original RRP of nearly $10K it's hard to imagine a more complete speaker, except for the SCM40.v2. At this used price nothing else I've heard will match them for a combination of sheer accuracy, transparency and extension. Just to get the same magical dome midrange in any other brand today will cost you over $16K RRP.

This matched pair comes in a beautiful cherry finish and is in excellent condition apart from a crack in one of the wooden outriggers which has been glued for stability. They are complete with grilles but no original packaging. They are able to be played to demonstrate superb performance and value for a local buyer. Interstate buyers will have to take my word for it and pay for freight. Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

Edited by Audionerd

I love those dome mids...

Nice deal.

And George is a suburb guy to deal with.

(I bought some ATC's off of him earlier this year...  A life changing experience 😀 )

Cannot go wrong here.

I would like to have it... but the packing and shipment is the killer (interstate buyer).... 

Posted (edited)

Hi George, my name is Tony, I live in [a HOUSE]

I'm in the market for a nice pair of quality floorstanders that don't offend the eye and can handle a my Michi amp which is 200wRMS (into 8ohms). 

Most of my listening these days is streamed and at a civilised volume. 

Once a year the wives get a bit tipsy and like to dance into the night so I'd like to know if these can slam a dance floor if required?

My phone number is [NOT IMPORTANT], text me.

Tony    

Edited by Marc
removed contact details

Hi Andy

It might be less than you think.

I sold a pair of B&W 800 Series last year to a member in Brisbane who arranged house removalists to collect and transport for about $300.

Admittedly Rockhampton is further away, but the B&Ws were even heavier and with the exposed Nautilus tweeter much trickier to handle.

Then there's always Pack 'n Send. 

Hi George,

I want to check if my ARC P115 be able to handle the SCM40?

Thank you

Geez.  It’s hard to imagine a better set of speakers off a nicer guy at this price anywhere!

17 minutes ago, Tony Martello said:

Once a year the wives get a bit tipsy and like to dance into the night so I'd like to know if these can slam a dance floor if required?

Not sure if serious or taking the piss?

Anyway, best not to post your phone number and other identifying information in a public forum. Send the seller a PM if interested.

Posted (edited)

Was serious Marc, they do like a dance.

Bought them.

Sorry about the phone number mishap and thanks for covering the numbers up. I couldn't find the private message button. 

Edited by Tony Martello

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hammerharry
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Milllicent State: South Australia Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Down sizing Further information: 
      Well reviewed boxes from renowed British speaker manufacturer.
      Wonderfully balanced sound with more bass heft than their specs would indicate.
      All drivers in A1 condition as are cabinets with just a few small "blemishes" on the veneer (any attempts to photograph this revealed nothing to the eye. Almost looks like an attempt to polish has left a slight tarnish). Again if need be I will endeavour to capture this on film. Only noticable on very close inspection.
      I have the original cartons.
      I do not have the grills.

*****The inclusion of freight refers to delivery (inc insurance for $2,800) into Melbourne or Adelaide only, add $100 for other metro areas*****

Photos: 

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By hammerharry
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Millicent State: South Australia Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Down sizing Further information:
      Well reviewed boxes from renowed British speaker manufacturer.
      Wonderfully balanced sound with more bass heft than their specs would indicate.
      All drivers in A1 condition as are cabinets with just a few small "blemishes" on the veneer (any attempts to photograph this revealed nothing to the eye. Almost looks like an attempt to polish has left a slight tarnish). Again if need be I will endeavour to capture this on film. Only noticable on very close inspection.
      I do not have the grills
      I have the original boxes & am more than happy to assist with buyers freight carrier.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By mminnett
      Item: ATC C1 Centre speaker 
      Price: $350
      Item Condition:8/10 mainly because of age, a couple of very light scratches on one side that can be buffed out.
      Reason for selling: wife’s orders... 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, 
      Extra Info: Great condition and built like a tank. A very high quality centre speaker.  Pick up preferred 

• By Audionerd
      Item: Latest Version ATC SCM11 Version 2 Bookshelf Speakers
      Price: Reduced from $1850 to $1550. RRP was $2999 when I bought them. Donation to SNA on sale
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Need funds
      Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
      Extra Info: While the reputation of ATC needs no explanation, the SCM11s are often regarded as the sweet spot of their current range, with substantial uncoloured bass from a moderately sized enclosure at considerable savings over the larger bookshelf SCM19. Typical ATC accuracy and information retrieval highlights some of the reasons why they are commonly used by British reviewers as a reference, as well as in professional studios.
      This particular pair is as good an example as one can expect from standmount speakers, perfect in every way apart from minor underside scratching from sitting on stands. They come in black ash with original carton, magnetic grilles, manual and all paperwork. Safe postage at buyer's expense is available. Discover what all the fuss is about at a bargain price!
      If these don't sell I'll be listing my SCM7s as well.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By yannakout
      Hi all, I am currently investigating stand mount speakers.
      I have listened to:
      Krix esoterix altum
      Dynaudio (multiple pairs) special 40 etc etc
      PMC 25.22
      Qaccoustics c300
      totem signature
      preference order (1st Krix esoterix, 2nd PMC, 3rd tie Qaccoustic + totem, 4th dynaudio)

Want to listen to:
      Buchardt s400
      ATC SCM19
      Harbeth 30.1
      + any others people may recommend 

I have a budget ceiling of $5000 and the Krix are well above this unfortunately. 
      If anyone has any insight or recommendations that could be awesome, or even if you're in Sydney and friendly enough to allow me to audition.

I am not a bass head (dont listen to EDM or HIpHop) More into natural sounding timbre, great sounding vocals and imaging (sucker for a sweat midrange). 
      I also don't want the speaker to sound (small). Qaccoustics really excelled here, sounded like a large floor stander.