WTB: Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver or equivalent

shredflanders

Item: Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver
Price Range: Varies
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: Seems to be a bad time to be buying an AV Receiver. I'm after a Yamaha RX-V685 or equivalent (would consider a Denon AVR-X1600 but prefer Yammy).

Requires 5.1 output minimum, good power and performance for the money; phono stage a bonus but not required, though pre-outs for a stereo amp *are* required (which is why I need the RX-V685).

Don't need Atmos or anything like that :)

In Sydney.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

7 hours ago, shredflanders said:

Item: Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver
Price Range: Varies
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: Seems to be a bad time to be buying an AV Receiver. I'm after a Yamaha RX-V685 or equivalent (would consider a Denon AVR-X1600 but prefer Yammy).

Requires 5.1 output minimum, good power and performance for the money; phono stage a bonus but not required, though pre-outs for a stereo amp *are* required (which is why I need the RX-V685).

Don't need Atmos or anything like that :)

In Sydney.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Have a look here:

https://www.excelhifi.com.au/audio-visual-receivers/

I purchased a refurbished Yamaha Universal DVD player years ago and more recently a DALI Centre speaker from them.  

They've also done repairs on two older Yamaha Receivers for me.

Never had any problems with any of the purchases or repairs.

1 hour ago, surprisetech said:

Have a look here:

https://www.excelhifi.com.au/audio-visual-receivers/

I purchased a refurbished Yamaha Universal DVD player years ago and more recently a DALI Centre speaker from them.  

They've also done repairs on two older Yamaha Receivers for me.

Never had any problems with any of the purchases or repairs.

Great, thank you! I did see this in my searches, and I think it's the best option.

12 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

I’m selling a similar but older model here:

If you don’t require the latest bells and whistles, it’s a good unit.

Thanks. I did see this but unfortunately I do need the front pre outs which that model lacks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shredflanders said:

Great, thank you! I did see this in my searches, and I think it's the best option.

It's funny how some seemingly obvious features on an AVR at that price point come and go.

I had an RX-V667 for a while.  One of the main reasons I chose it was for the pre-outs and multi-channel inputs.

I've got over the need for the MCH inputs, but the front pre-outs on my current Marantz were still an essential requirement.

13 hours ago, surprisetech said:

It's funny how some seemingly obvious features on an AVR at that price point come and go.

I had an RX-V667 for a while.  One of the main reasons I chose it was for the pre-outs and multi-channel inputs.

I've got over the need for the MCH inputs, but the front pre-outs on my current Marantz were still an essential requirement.

That's exactly right! Honestly the only things I need are a handful of 4K HDMI ins (like, only 3-4), good power, and some stereo pre-outs for a dedicated amp to drive music. I don't need Dolby Atmos, Spotify, whatever other bells-and-whistles. I have an Apple TV that can handle basically all of the smarts. Just give me a good amplifier! :)

Fortunately the RX-V685 seems to fit that bill, and then some.