Is there someone available in he Parramatta area who can come out and help me setup 3 seperate amps and a heap of speakers?

I have several sets of speakers, I habe the paradigm 95f among with the centerParadigm Prestige 55C Center with the 5 speakers.

I have two dali epcons and a couple more sets of paradgims.

I've got got a set of kicx nuphonics v2 and their big centers.

I have a single marantz mm7013 which in no was is going to run a the fronts and rears I have! They are just too big. So I had the idea to buy a pioneer lx81 after talking to a seller about how I should share the load between them... At the time this wasn't a bad idea but in I'm not sure what to run from. Where?

Do I run the kicz on the front right and left and center because they are too big or do I double it up so I can habe the marantz run the smart elacs, the lx81 the ,95f and center and the pioneer lx88 the kicks and center??

Who'd this work? I notice the marants has more av outs  it tjw sx81 and sx 88 only seen to have more basic inputs...

But would his work when I switch I the marantz? The fronts on the lx88 and 81 wi start auto and I'll just run all he rears off the marantz??

Does this seem the right way to do about it?

I'm way beyond my skill levels and I really need someone I can pay to help me out!!

Anyone know someone they can recommend?

2 hours ago, Flexible said:

Does this seem the right way to do about it?

No.  PM me if you like for help (I'm not in Sydney, but I can tell you what to do).

Are you sure it's not the Marantz SR7013?   If yes, then you don't ned to buy any more amplifiers.

• You'll have 7 speaker, plus any height speakers you want (could be up to 4).
  • You won't be able to use any extra speakers (unless your room is enormous like a cinema)
  • You will need to pick the front speakers you like best Paradigm or Krix

Next:

1.  Do you want any height speakers (ie. ones mounted high on the walls)?

2.  Is your room big enough (it will need to be huge) to warrant any "doubling up of channels" ... eg. using 2 speakers for a surround channel.   (this is really really unlikely).

3.  Configure you processor to support the above choices.

Once you are done.... "get rid" of all the other speakers you are not going to use.... you won't be able to use them.

Hi Dave, yep it's the sr7013

Don't really want any mounted on walls just wanted floor standing really And God knows I now have enough of those. At the moment I have the krix, paradigm and the epics Al in stereo off the front, I'll remove those two setups.

What should I use in the front or rear surrounds?

I was going to suggest rationalising your speakers, getting rid of some of the floor standers and using more appropriate speakers for surround channels.

But, if you have the space and the inclination - go for it!

The lx88 has 220w per channel, the marantz sr8013 has 135w  per channel just more channels...so if I hook he krix right and left and center in and double those up on the marantz that should be ok?

I really do have a lot of speakers...

1 hour ago, Flexible said:

What should I use in the front or rear surrounds?

Depends on how much space you have.

Any of the front L/R speakers that you don't use up front, could be used for the rear.

Listen to each pair of speakers on their own with stereo music, and see which ones sound best.

59 minutes ago, Flexible said:

double those up on

Don't do that.... unless your room is bigger than 15m x 15m

the marantz that should be ok?

Yes, the Marantz will run all your speakers

I really do have a lot of speakers...

Pick 7 get rid of the rest.    Running multiple for each channel won't give you better sound... it will give you worse.

5 minutes ago, Flexible said:

Even If I run the two krix on the bigger amp? And the two paradigm and the the megakrix center from the marantz?

You don't want to have two sets of speakers being driven by two different amps, reproducing the same signal at the same time. This will deliver worse sound quality, not better sound quality. It might sound louder, but that's about the only possible benefit.

See this is what happens when you really don't know what to buy, where to turn to for help from people that don't want to sell you anything but their own product ranges and you really don't understand how it all works

Just now, Flexible said:

See this is what happens when you really don't know what to buy, where to turn to for help from people that don't want to sell you anything but their own product ranges and you really don't understand how it all works

There's plenty of knowledge and helpful folk here on SNA... you'll be on the path to sonic righteousness in no time! :)

• Like 1

You've got a lot of REALLY nice gear there, and don't need to be running it all at the same time if you want optimal sound quality.

Given that you've got a full set of matching Paradigm speakers (and a pair of lovely subwoofers!) how does it sound with those all connected to the Marantz? Is there something that this setup doesn't provide? Did you start off with a particular combo of gear and then seek to improve on certain aspects via your upgrades? If so, what were the deficiencies?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm trying to get a feel for your journey so far and your aspirations. 

Edited by pete_mac

Well.. this is actually the second system.. the first I got was a paid of new Klipsch 500w rms subs and then I read that dynaudio was great so I got a v122 center, audience &2, 62 and 72 and when I would turn it up it would just distort.. I thought I must have gotten too cheap a setup.. so I added a big set of paradgim to the fro t to replace the 72s and then I regretted that because no I didn't know you could get 82's..in hindsight, it wouldn't have made any different as the paradigms sounded way better than he ,82s did anyway... So I thought ok I need to build a system for downstairs so this time I wont stuff it up.. and yet.. here 

I am again...!

This to.e I bought two of the on 16 Ultras 16 ported., Can shake the house!

And that's not the worst of it lol.. I've bought more stuff that's in it s way to me, I figured I must need bigger Amps, plus there's more gear here that's not even shown because it's so embarresingmtk have to try and get it it right so many times

You mention that you like the sound of the Paradigms - do you have distortion issues with them too, or do they meet your volume needs without distortion?

When you say 'bigger amps'... what have you bought? Adding an appropriate power amp and using the Marantz as a pre-amp would make sense. The setup of the Marantz (or whichever receiver you have been using) will also make a big difference... if you are running the speakers as full-range (rather than applying a high-pass filter to cut the deep bass from the speakers), you will be working the receiver harder than you need to - and you definitely don't need the main speakers to be producing deep bass with that lovely pair of subs!

Now, I'm not home theatre expert, but I know enough to be somewhat dangerous ;)  If you'd like to have a chat over the phone, I'm happy to chew the fat. Sometimes 10 mins of chat can be more effective than days of messaging back and forth on a forum.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Flexible said:

And that's not the worst of it lol.. I've bought more stuff that's in it s way to me, I figured I must need bigger Amps,

Nope...

Your going to need a bigger house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2