Bluos Vault 2 vs Auralic LE streaming only

I am wondering if there is a material difference between streamers going into the same DAC.  I have a Vault 2 going into a Metrum Acoustic Hex DAC and wondering if there is noticeable sound quality difference between the streaming elements of these streamers.....note not the DAC element of the streamers.

Appreciate all contributions.

Cheers

Bruce

I’ve got a Qutest and M-Scaler combination and I am curious about the results of this too. Canberra also. 

Also, that combination is available for home demo for Canberra residents if curious. 

Edited by Sime

1 hour ago, hammerharry said:

Does the femto option only become effective if your DAC has the same feature?

No idea, sorry although I assume the Aries so-configured will be pretty decent on jitter. Having said that, I still heard incremental improvement when I inserted an iFi iUSB Nano 3.0 between Aries and my Klein III DAC, along with Chord Silverline (upstream) and Curious (downstream) USB cables.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to read that @Brucec. I've now sold my Auralic Aries Femto and now I'm streaming with a miniDSP SHD Studio. I've lost the wonderful functionality of Lightning DS, but as of today I've integrated Audirvana as a library access and replay tool, thereby bypassing the crummy Volumio app that is bundled with miniDSP SHD streamers. The offer still stands if you are once more in the position to evaluate options.